Buffalo Bills: 6-10 (Offseason; RIP Ralph Wilson; Mary Wilson assumes ctrl of team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wow what a steal! Williams for just a 6th?! We traded a 7th for Tavaris Jackson, a garbage backup QB who never played a game. And now we got a legit #2 WR who has put up 964+ yards twice before for just a 6th? Amazing. That 6th would have been practice squad fodder at best. Williams averages a near .5 receiving TD per game. That will definitely help EJ a lot. Now we can skip drafting a WR this year, Stevie, Woods, Williams, Goodwin, Graham and the other 3 borderline scrubs are more then enough. But if for some reason Watkins is available at 9 I'd still take him. If he isn't then go for a LB, Ebron or a trade down.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Wow, unexpected.

Wasn't he shot in the leg or something though?

Stabbed by his brother, he should be fine. It made perfect sense, former SU grad, born and raised in Buffalo and went to Riverside. I love this move, no risk very high reward type move.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Williams likely won't make a difference since he's a degenerate moron POS, but why not take a shot on him with a worthless late pick. He's a low cap hit, too.

This also suggests they won't draft Evans, which is the biggest plus for me.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Stabbed by his brother, he should be fine. It made perfect sense, former SU grad, born and raised in Buffalo and went to Riverside. I love this move, no risk very high reward type move.

There is most definitely risk and it's high...

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Always good to add more Williamses!

Williams likely won't make a difference since he's a degenerate moron POS, but why not take a shot on him with a worthless late pick. He's a low cap hit, too.

HOT SPORTS TAKE ALERT.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills acquire WR Mike Williams in trade with Bucs

Buffalo has made use of free agency this offseason to address some of their positional needs. On Friday they went the trade route to address their wide receiver position. The Bills acquired WR Mike Williams for an undisclosed draft choice in a trade with Tampa Bay that will be completed pending a physical.

“Mike Williams is a competitive, tough wide receiver who has the size and athleticism to add competition to our receiver position group," said head coach Doug Marrone. "We feel Mike is a player who has the ability to help our team improve."

Williams (6-1, 212) is the second Buffalo native acquired by the Bills this offseason. Defensive back Corey Graham was signed in free agency last month. Williams played his high school ball at Riverside and moved on to Syracuse in college.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
There is most definitely risk and it's high...

We gave up a 6th. These are the guys we have drafted in the 6th since 1997:

Dustin Hopkins
Mark Asper
Chris White
Arthur Moats
Danny Batten
Cary Harris
Xavier Omon
John Wendling
Keith Ellison
Justin Geisinger
Lauvale Sape
Kevin Thomas
Tony Driver
Dan O'Leary
Jimmy Wiliams
Leif Larsen
Armen Hatcher
Fred Coleman
Marcus Spriggs

Again, there is zero risk. That 6th rounder would have turned into NOTHING. The only "risk" is that he gets involved in some other off the field drama which again, has nothing to do with the football aspect of the trade. Being able to get a proven #2 WR who is 27 years old with 25 TDS in 54 games and averages over 60 catches a season for a measly 6th rounder is an absolute steal. Not only does it solve our WR problem ,it also means we don't have to draft one with one of our first 3 picks (which all 3 should become day 1 starters in this deep draft) and also that we don't have to worry that the WR we would have picked in the draft be it Evans or a guy in round 2 would possibly be a bust. This trade improves our offense a hell of a lot. Stevie-Woods-Williams is the deepest we have been at our top 3 wide out spots in a very long time.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

pardon?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If bad grades and getting stabbed makes you a "moron degenerate pos" I'd hate to see what one would say about murder victims

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Please don't get too offended by this but...

What will make you happy???

It seems at least 95% of your posts are negative. Why do you have so much negativity? Don't give me the whole "Ive been suffering so long as a fan..." business as most of us have experienced this stuff for a similar amount of time and have a far more positive outlook on the Bills. If this affects you so much, then maybe find something else to follow.

I'm not trying to be that guy, and I don't like being that guy, but it just bugs me that someone who consistently posts to these boards is always so negative. I really would like to know what would make you happy.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY

Good God stop talking about football, or really just people in genral.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So Johnson/Woods, with Johnson moving to the slot and Williams lining up outside in 3WR+ packages.

Goodwin, Graham, Easley, Hogan fighting for the other spots.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Tons of baggage with Williams, but for a 6th rounder, might as well give him a shot. Good upside.

Bills also hosting Scott Crichton and Jeremy Hill for pre-draft visits. Crichton would be a nice 2nd pick. DE is a major need.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
love the Williams move, as mentioned, nice risk/reward.

At 26 yrs old, maybe he'll finally mature and realize he doesnt have much time left to make those NFL dollars

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
Really like this move, low risk, high reward.
Some notes on him here:
-Salary this upcoming season $1.8 Million with no dead cap money left on his deal. Current has 5 years $31 million left on a 6 year $40 million deal he signed last season. Makes it basically a 1 year $1.8 million "prove it" deal
-Obviously was stabbed by his brother, but his issues haven't just been there. He was kicked off/quit the team in Syracuse under Marrone, but seeing how Marrone is willing to bring him in is a positive. Also has reported attitude and work ethic problems throughout his career.
-Patrick Moran talked to his HS coach at Riverside who seems to believe bringing him home will be a positive thing (usually a negative with troubled athletes from bad areas) He also says if he has any issues, his mother will whip him in to shape.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Since when does being a "degenerate moron POS" prevent someone from making a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia