Buffalo Bills: 3-4 (Colin Brown released, EJ out 4-6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Yes, jury still out on Manuel, I'm pretty confident though.

I think Stevie's time here is almost over, I would love to draft a big #1 or 2 reciever to complement Woods, who is probably better than Stevie already.

hey guys he's just like Tebow, sub 50% completion and wins the game

10/22 167yrds 1td 2int
not even a good enough stat line to call him Fitzpatrick-esque

how can you watch Manuel and think "o ya he's the guy" then watch Stevie and think "hes gettin cut soon"? I've seen better quarterbacking out of the Hamburg Bulldogs

you hold Bal to 24 yrds rushing and have 5 picks and nearly lose because your QB couldnt find a play

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I think Stevie's time here is almost over, I would love to draft a big #1 or 2 reciever to complement Woods, who is probably better than Stevie already.

Yeah, thats just wrong. The reason that Woods was able to get so open today and make plays was because Stevie draws the best coverage. You don't put a consecutive 3x 1k yard receiver to the curb, LOL.

This defense can be Top 10 when healthy I believe. Opportunistic secondary and a powerful pass rush. Getting Leodis, Gilmore, Brooks, and Byrd back will all provide immediate upgrades and boost whats been an already impressive unit.

And please do not try to judge EJ's future as a QB at this point, far too early. But he is showing improvements. Did you see how he sold his fakes today? His play actions and pump fakes were spot on. He had a few bad tosses, but some pinpoint dimes as well (to Woods, Chandler). Its early to judge him, but he's showing he has the tools and ability to improve in order to become a franchise QB.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
unbelievable game from the RB's, absolute crap from Manuel in the second half, is it too early to start campaigning; Kiko for defensive rookie of the year

want to say it again EJ looked awful most of the second half, 5 picks and EJ and kept Bal in that game

Apparently you never got the memo that EJ is a project quarterback. Meaning he's far from a finished product. Most analysts and scouts thought he wouldn't be ready to start right away. I think you need to lower you expectations, and relax. It's impossible to put a label on him at this point.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Apparently you never got the memo that EJ is a project quarterback. Meaning he's far from a finished product. Most analysts and scouts thought he wouldn't be ready to start right away. I think you need to lower you expectations, and relax.

I never said a word about expectations thats all you. He looked bad.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Clearly you're expecting him to play better or else you wouldn't be so butt hurt...would you not?

just gettin in before the love fest for 2/2 manuel gets fired up, he looked bad... you gonna try and deny that?

and yes I expect better play from the starting QB than 10/22, of any team in the NFL regardless of how much of a project the player is

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Manuel didnt play too poorly imo. both his overthrows of a wide open Stevie and the 1 late INT were results of him not being able to step into the throws due to the rush. Yeah, he's gotta take better care of the ball running around, but for a work in progress he's been just fine imo.

I'll take 2-2 through 4.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Manuel didnt play too poorly imo. both his overthrows of a wide open Stevie and the 1 late INT were results of him not being able to step into the throws due to the rush. Yeah, he's gotta take better care of the ball running around, but for a work in progress he's been just fine imo.

I'll take 2-2 through 4.

indeed games will be at least watchable through October, hopefully the next 4 will provide as much optimism, might need to get myself an Alonso jersey

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
just gettin in before the love fest for 2/2 manuel gets fired up, he looked bad... you gonna try and deny that?

and yes I expect better play from the starting QB than 10/22, of any team in the NFL regardless of how much of a project the player is

He played good in the first half, and then sucked in the 2nd half.

That's your problem. You have to realize EJ is going to go through growing pains. You're looking at EJ as if he should be a solid starter already. That's tunnel vision. I'm looking at the bigger picture. He's a work in progress at this point, and expecting him to consistently play good is foolish.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yes, jury still out on Manuel, I'm pretty confident though.

Stephanie is one of my least favorites admittedly. The hot dog player FINALLY made a clutch play by recovering the fumble. Didn't think he was gunna get that

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
He played good in the first half, and then sucked in the 2nd half.

That's your problem. You have to realize EJ is going to go through growing pains. You're looking at EJ as if he should be a solid starter already. That's tunnel vision. I'm looking at the bigger picture. He's a work in progress at this point, and expecting him to consistently play good is foolish.

no my problem is you trying to put words in my mouth, he looked awful in the second half, his stat line for the game was horrendous, he's 2-2 as a starter with a game winning drive and some pretty touchdowns (especially the one to Stevie, the deep one over double coverage) you are the one that thinks I'm calling him a bust, have fun with that he had a bad game, hes pretty much exactly where I expected him to be 4 games into his rookie year, but please continue with the butt hurt commentary because you obviously appear to know what I'm thinking better than I do

Clown Baby*

Apparently you never got the memo that EJ is a project quarterback. Meaning he's far from a finished product. Most analysts and scouts thought he wouldn't be ready to start right away. I think you need to lower you expectations, and relax. It's impossible to put a label on him at this point.
Isn't the "project" label just another cheap way to sell hope? I mean, that's what it sure feels like.

We get a crap class of quarterbacks at a time when the fanbase was screaming for a quarterback, so the marketing gurus get our scouts on tape raving about his "potential" to get season ticket holders to bleieve again.

Meanwhile, they completely ignore every other major media outlet ripping the Bills' organization for the pick (as I'm sure most of us were willing to.) I'd like to think we have all been burned by this method enough times to recognize it when it's playing itself out, but maybe they were being legitimately truthful with the fans, and the lot of us are just being impatient. Maybe they honestly thought EJ could be something special somewhere down the line.

Damn it all. Where's Captain Hindsight when you need him?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Isn't the "project" label just another cheap way to sell hope? I mean, that's what it sure feels like.

We get a crap class of quarterbacks at a time when the fanbase was screaming for a quarterback, so the marketing gurus get our scouts on tape raving about his "potential" to get season ticket holders to bleieve again.

Meanwhile, they completely ignore every other major media outlet ripping the Bills' organization for the pick (as I'm sure most of us were willing to.) I'd like to think we have all been burned by this method enough times to recognize it when it's playing itself out, but maybe they were being legitimately truthful with the fans, and the lot of us are just being impatient. Maybe they honestly thought EJ could be something special somewhere down the line.

No.... Not all players enter the NFL as finished projects. Just look at Spiller to see that.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Sometimes Manuel does look bad, and some of that is Hackett. He gets into patterns too much run, run, pass on 3rd down, repeat.....very easy for a solid d-coordinator to figure out. They must run on first down 90% of the time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
no my problem is you trying to put words in my mouth, he looked awful in the second half, his stat line for the game was horrendous, he's 2-2 as a starter with a game winning drive and some pretty touchdowns (especially the one to Stevie, the deep one over double coverage) you are the one that thinks I'm calling him a bust, have fun with that he had a bad game, hes pretty much exactly where I expected him to be 4 games into his rookie year, but please continue with the butt hurt commentary because you obviously appear to know what I'm thinking better than I do

In case you forgot...

carry on..

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
...You said yourself you expect him to play better...

In case you forgot...

carry on..

yes 10/22 isnt good enough, you trying to deny that? if that was his best game we'd have a problem, right now the only problem we have is that you seam to think I only watched this game and think Manuel should be carrying this team

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

EJ has always been considered a boom or bust prospect. Buffalo's media really didn't hype that up too much. They hyped up the 'it' factor a lot, though.

EJ has the arm, size, and speed to be a great quarterback, but his foot work is sloppy, and his accuracy needs improvement. He also needs to hold onto the ball better. That's always been a problem with him. The tools are there, but he has a lot of work to do.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Sometimes Manuel does look bad, and some of that is Hackett. He gets into patterns too much run, run, pass on 3rd down, repeat.....very easy for a solid d-coordinator to figure out. They must run on first down 90% of the time.

Yep, they need to do more play action to help him out too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

He is a rookie....remember that.....

He was also going against the defending SB champs who has the same CBs they had then.

It is fair to question some of the play calling. Maybe EJ didnt exploit a play.

You could go back at the 3 FGs...they made a play here or there those 3 FGs turn into 3 TDs. His stats wouldnt have increased by all that much yardage and the game wouldnt have been as close.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
This is one of those wins where I don't feel good after. With 5 ints the Bills should have crushed Baltimore. EJ looked great in the 1st half and was putrid in the 2nd.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just looked at the Bills schedule, and it doesn't get much easier. Sure, the Browns aren't that good, but then they play the Bengals, Dolphins, Saints, Chiefs, Steelers, and Jets.

That's a pretty tough line up. I wonder what the combined record is for those teams. I only see the Bills beating Cleveland and Pittsburgh, but even those aren't easy match ups. Bengals and Chiefs are possibilities as well. The Dolphins defense is going to eat us alive. The Saints are the Saints. And we never match up good with the Jets.

I'd be ecstatic with 5-2/4-3, but I'm expecting 2-5. (their next 7 games...not their record by week 7)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad