Buffalo Bills: 3-4 (Colin Brown released, EJ out 4-6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I'm dumbfounded that people actually were impressed by Geno. Sorry, I'll take the guy who throws 1 TD and 0 INT's week in and week out over the guy with 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one in their own territory).

Geno has shown one thing he can do better than EJ, throw a ball to a wide open deep receiver. Does anyone have the all 22 from NFL.com? The bills receivers were COVERED UP all game. They had 0 seperation and EJ had a defender in his face all game. 16 QB pressures! Unacceptable. And not all of that is on EJ. He ended up getting frazzled though. On the one stalled drive he had the slot receiver wide open and lofted a floater out of bounds in the endzone. He should have picked up at least the 1st down there if not a TD.

Geno on the other hand had all day to throw against a depleted secondary. You're comparing apples to oranges. To boot, he STILL through 2 INT's and they weren't excusable INT's (IE deflected passes). They were right on the defenders.

Through 3 games.

QB 1: 689 yards, 4TD, 1INT, 59.3% completion percentage, 86 QBR
QB 2: 801 yards, 3 TD, 6INT, 53.9% completion percentage, 65 QBR

Put Gilmore in this game and he doesn't throw either of those TD's.

Not really a tough call which QB I'd rather the bills drafted.

You guys are getting sucked into the JP loserman illusion. He can throw a deep ball, but nothing else.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Injury updates:

Expected to play next Sunday:
Dareus (ankle)
M. Williams (ankle)
Spiller (thigh)

Uncertain:
McKelvin (hamstring)

Out for season:
Carrington (torn quads, surgery today)

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-...eodis-mckelvins-status-uncertain.html?ref=bmh

Predictable on Carrington. Carted off the field.

I think they took Steejay out cause he sucked. The injury was just an excuse.

Dareus and Williams need to play. If they put pressure on Flacco they will be in this game. Rice might not even play

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
And before people start talking about, "well well well, he is 2-1 and EJ is 1-2, therefore the jets are way better".

Well, it is a team sport. One guy can't always win a game for his team. The jets one despite Geno yesterday. The bills weren't good enough to overcome their rookie not putting up big numbers.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Predictable on Carrington. Carted off the field.

I think they took Steejay out cause he sucked. The injury was just an excuse.

Dareus and Williams need to play. If they put pressure on Flacco they will be in this game. Rice might not even play

They need McKelvin. Badly. And I still can't believe I am typing those words. Flacco will eat the secondary alive. They have a good offensive line so he'll get time, and Torrey Smith/Marlon Brown/guy off the street can get open against this defensive backfield.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You're missing the point. Geno Smith made the long accurate throws that Manuel can't. I won't be the guy that says they took the wrong qb, because quite frankly I don't see either one of these guys amounting to much of anything (and this isn't just based off of their limited experience @ the NFL level I've watched both in college). At least the Jets only used a 2nd rounder on Smith though...
The best part will be if we end up with a top 5 pick and pass on a real franchise qb in this coming draft because we "already have our guy". Sorry, rant over.

He threw long passes and got lucky on a few.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm dumbfounded that people actually were impressed by Geno. Sorry, I'll take the guy who throws 1 TD and 0 INT's week in and week out over the guy with 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one in their own territory).

Geno has shown one thing he can do better than EJ, throw a ball to a wide open deep receiver. Does anyone have the all 22 from NFL.com? The bills receivers were COVERED UP all game. They had 0 seperation and EJ had a defender in his face all game. 16 QB pressures! Unacceptable. And not all of that is on EJ. He ended up getting frazzled though. On the one stalled drive he had the slot receiver wide open and lofted a floater out of bounds in the endzone. He should have picked up at least the 1st down there if not a TD.

Geno on the other hand had all day to throw against a depleted secondary. You're comparing apples to oranges. To boot, he STILL through 2 INT's and they weren't excusable INT's (IE deflected passes). They were right on the defenders.

Through 3 games.

QB 1: 689 yards, 4TD, 1INT, 59.3% completion percentage, 86 QBR
QB 2: 801 yards, 3 TD, 6INT, 53.9% completion percentage, 65 QBR

Put Gilmore in this game and he doesn't throw either of those TD's.

Not really a tough call which QB I'd rather the bills drafted.

You guys are getting sucked into the JP loserman illusion. He can throw a deep ball, but nothing else.

The first one was a bad throw. The second was a great play by Alonzo.

Lost cause didn't hit on TOO MANY deep balls. After awhile he sucked altogether.

Really neither QB will be anything special.

You can't say that because then they would target other defenders like Williams for example so they still could have happened

FanboySlayer*

If Manuel doesn't look any better in Game #16 than he does now then you go select another quarterback with your first pick - you don't win in the NFL without a high quality quarterback.

Past 20 Super Bowl winning QB's

• Super Bowl 29. Steve Young
  • Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman
  • Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre
  • Super Bowl 32. John Elway
  • Super Bowl 33. John Elway
  • Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner
  • Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
  • Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
  • Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady
  • Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger
  • Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning
  • Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger
  • Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees
  • Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers
  • Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning
  • Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If Manuel doesn't look any better in Game #16 than he does now then you go select another quarterback with your first pick - you don't win in the NFL without a high quality quarterback.

<list>

Here are rookie stats for a couple of the QBs listed (and no, not using Dilfer or Johnson...but the actual high quality QB's):

11 games, 155/293 (52.9%), 1749 yds, 9 TDs, 18 INTs
9 games, 95/197 (48.2%), 1043 yds, 6 TDs, 9 INTs

Don't look like Super Bowl QBs...until you realize they are Troy Aikman and Eli Manning.

Point is, you can't judge Manuel's long term prognosis by 1 season. He may very well not be anything close to those QBs, but the choice on whether to take a QB next year should be made on a) if that is the best player available at the particular draft spot, and b) if that QB you believe will be significantly better than Manuel to justify not upgrading at one of the multitude of positions this team needs upgrades on instead (OG, CB, SS, WR, etc.)

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
The last two super bowl winning quarterbacks have disproven the "elite QBs are necessary" theory

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The last two super bowl winning quarterbacks have disproven the "elite QBs are necessary" theory

I agree.....

Flacco isnt elite.

Eli if he played like when he is hot he would be elite---but he is so damn inconsistant. His two super bowl wins amount to a .500 team who got hot.

Big Ben also isnt Elite---his first one came as a rookie.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I agree.....

Flacco isnt elite.

Eli if he played like when he is hot he would be elite---but he is so damn inconsistant. His two super bowl wins amount to a .500 team who got hot.

Big Ben also isnt Elite---his first one came as a rookie.

Hahahaha, the PFT comments section is the place to debate this crap. The word elite is such a subjective classification in and of itself.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The idea was okay, but boy did that execution leave a lot to be desired. Half-assed and stupid

Agreed. A tad bit more effort to make the insults (at least for the more notable players) make sense would have made the whole thing worth more.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Heading down tomorrow; can I pick up beer at WalMart on Sunday morning for tailgating or should I grab at duty-free?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I can't see this week going well. Literally the only thing Baltimore has done well this season is the deep ball; if Rodgers plays anything like last week at corner they'll be able to just throw the ball up to whoever he's covering. And I don't have much confidence the offense is going to be able to keep up...

27-10 Ravens.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I can't see this week going well. Literally the only thing Baltimore has done well this season is the deep ball; if Rodgers plays anything like last week at corner they'll be able to just throw the ball up to whoever he's covering. And I don't have much confidence the offense is going to be able to keep up...

27-10 Ravens.

It will be a one score game 27-23 Ravens. Flacco is sporadic with throwing. Plus Rogers will be better this week ( Williams will be playing corner too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->