Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I get that the PBP guys for this game are Detroit homers, but do they need to be such colossal homers? Like could you at least get guys who don't pretend not to have eyes when one of their players makes a helmet-to-helmet hit? Even though it's just a meaningless preseason game, it's driving me nuts.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yada yada its practice vs backups, but Davis does look comfortable and in command of what he should be doing. we know about his smarts. I do wonder if Trubisky has the IQ for this O without simplifying TOO much.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Pre season drinking game?

These players are fighting for jobs: drink

This isn’t a true look since the starters are all out: drink

Coaches are trying to get this on film: drink

No pressure since it’s pre-season: drink

Lots of new faces on this team: drink

He’s another player fighting for a roster spot: drink

Coaches are looking for special teams players as well: drink

This is a whole new look from this coaching staff: chug

Coaches are keeping things vanilla: chug

Reactions: SundherDome

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I didn't watch the game but could have told you that. A friend of mine is a huge Bengals fan & gave me the inside track the second he was signed. :laugh:
I still support the signing. His previous contract and game experience means people have seen something of value in the past. It was worth finding out if the Bills could help him rediscover whatever that was. However, they haven’t and now it could result in someone getting hurt. Cut him.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Pre season drinking game?

These players are fighting for jobs: drink

This isn’t a true look since the starters are all out: drink

Coaches are trying to get this on film: drink

No pressure since it’s pre-season: drink

Lots of new faces on this team: drink

He’s another player fighting for a roster spot: drink

Coaches are looking for special teams players as well: drink

This is a whole new look from this coaching staff: chug

Coaches are keeping things vanilla: chug

You forgot "It's pre-season for the refs too"

Reactions: Der Jaeger

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Biggest take away from the game is it looks like Haack is an improvement and Bass isn’t a rookie anymore. Bass should top Lee Evans for 11th all time scorer in Bills history with an outside chance to take 10th from Moulds.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Few of my thoughts on the game:

1. Rousseau is an athletic freak. If coaches can fix his technique flaws, that guy can be a home run draft pick. As they say, you can't teach size and you can't teach speed. Beyond the sack (it was kind of a cheap sack, Goff gave himself up and 3 defenders were right there), he had a few good rushes to apply pressure.
  2. My favorite thing about this coaching staff and GM - when they see a problem, they try to address it. Last year we couldn't run the ball and we could rush the passer. Pre-season pledge and all, this team looks significantly improve in both areas. Obada, Rousseau, and Basham give you great depth to keep everyone fresh. They are two deep at every spot on the DL. As far as the run, it is tough to gauge with how bad the Lions are up front, but the O line was opening up nice holes and Singletary wasn't missing them.
  3. Bass-o-matic seems to be picking up right where he left off.

So happy that football season is back. And it is so weird to be watching pre-season and not having to worry "will they score a TD at all this season?" Do folks remember that from the drought years? We would rationalize it - "Don't worry, it's just pre-season. They'll get better!" Then year after year, they wouldn't.

I could get used to this new normal...

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I get that the PBP guys for this game are Detroit homers, but do they need to be such colossal homers? Like could you at least get guys who don't pretend not to have eyes when one of their players makes a helmet-to-helmet hit? Even though it's just a meaningless preseason game, it's driving me nuts.

I thought they were pretty reasonable, honestly. They absolutely gushed over Webb for awhile. It's a preseason game, though, as you said. Who gives a crap?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
What atrocious clock management by Dan Campbell.

I thought the game was pretty much over with 1:45 left on the clock.

I couldn’t believe Detriot passed the ball. Twice! Once to the sideline and another incompletion. All I could say was “umm... thank you...?”

Then for all Campbell’s talk about “toughness” and never quitting, he quits with 8 seconds left after that kickoff mistake by Buffalo.

Reactions: Digable5

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It is a league wide thing. I watched the Eagles/Steelers and they had a sideline buffoon who every 5 seconds chimed in with blind praise and after every flag "well if they are going to call that on our guy they need to call it on their guys too" or non flag "I am fine with letting them play, but they have to let both sides play".

The pats/wft game was the same, drooling over their online and how their run will be the top of the league and carry them to the playoffs. They was one break of homerism, when the WFT converted the two point conversion against them and then they spent the rest of the game baffled by what is and isn't a catch

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
What atrocious clock management by Dan Campbell.

I thought the game was pretty much over with 1:45 left on the clock.

I couldn’t believe Detriot passed the ball. Twice! Once to the sideline and another incompletion. All I could say was “umm... thank you...?”

Then for all Campbell’s talk about “toughness” and never quitting, he quits with 8 seconds left after that kickoff mistake by Buffalo.
Pre-season is a catch 22. I have watched some coaches practice clock Management (WFT) and then others realize it is useless and build out their own scenario (DET). I think Campbell wanted to see if they could move the ball in a 2 min w/o timeouts or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad