Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I trust Beane did the right thing, but the ghost of Carson Wentz/Jared Goff sits in the back of my mind. I would want to see Allen continue to develop this year and then get something done.

I'm pretty sure Beane and Co. have witnessed Allen continue to light it up during TC this summer. Yes, TC but these guys know what they are doing.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Nice to get it done but there were never any worries about that. The Pegulas know how to sign players. Show them the money.

Now let's win a damn Super Bowl!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just seems like yesterday I was defending him here on draft day from an angry angry mob!!!

but I know everyone was rooting for him and he ended up delivering.
I’ve never ate such delicious crow.
I’ll never forget calling my wife from the bar on draft night saying ‘we drafted the wrong Josh!’

McBeane deserve a ton of credit, too. How refreshing it is to have a coach and a GM bring out the best in their franchise leading player!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I trust Beane did the right thing, but the ghost of Carson Wentz/Jared Goff sits in the back of my mind. I would want to see Allen continue to develop this year and then get something done.

I have a little more confidence in Allen sustaining or even outperforming his performance from last season. Wentz and Goff came off as guys that were plugged into the right system and just was managing the game. With Allen, there was more of a impact on the field in all sorts of ways and the game was going as Allen was going. Not to mention the trajectory of his improvement, which should be better with another year under the playbook and having time to actually build chemistry with guys. I feel there's a lot of little things Allen didn't get to hone in on last offseason that he probably was able to do this offseason, which should help him long term.

There's a ton of growth with Allen that still needs to be polished, and he was easily a top 5 performing QB (but I'd argue he was a top 2 QB in terms of sheer impact on the game). Allen, didn't have any effective running game, he didn't have anything that looked like a competitive defense. He was the reason for last season's results. I don't feel Wentz or Goff did any of that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If he doesn't regress that's going to be an absolute steal of a deal once the cap explodes

If he's great that contract will get reworked over and over again to keep him among the highest paid

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
If anyone wants a ~10 minute Spotrac breakdown of Allen's contract. Of note, next year his cap hit would have been 23 million for his fifth year option however now it will be 16.3 million.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

download.jpeg

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I was one of those people who wanted Rosen and man, am I glad to have been wrong.
I wanted Rosen (still think he can be good if they stop passing him around) but one moment stood out to me to when I realized he would be the pick, the Senior Bowl. When he forced his way back onto the field in the second half and was lights out. I figured that small time span convinced Beane he was the guy. I am very glad he is the guy.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Beane...we are not worthy. Absolute genius. Allen's cap hit is under 17 each of the next 2 seasons and only over 41.8 in 2025 and 2026...by then the cap is likely near 250 and we can always restructure. Let's f***ing go, never been more excited about a Buffalo team, besides 06-07 Sabres.

Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad