Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006

Glad they got it worked out before the season.

Also, damn, that is a lot of guaranteed money!

More guaranteed than on Mahomes 10 year deal (~$141m) but a bit less per year with the full value of Mahomes deal. Will be interesting to see how the structure breaks down.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
So it is really a 6 year extension to the 2 years he already has left. So is the 258 for the entire 8 years? If so, that is crazy. Either way, 43 ain’t bad either.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
So it is really a 6 year extension to the 2 years he already has left. So is the 258 for the entire 8 years? If so, that is crazy. Either way, 43 ain’t bad either.

It's 258 plus the rookie 4th year and option year, so 8 years total. Thought the breakdown above was helpful. Crazy (but expected) money, but salary cap increases with these new TV rights deals should be significant going forward over this period as well.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I'm all for eight more years of 2020 Josh Allen. Where do I sign? Assuming he continues to play like 2020 then it was only going to become more expensive the longer they delayed signing him. He will be 33 when his next contract begins so maybe advantageous for him to be younger than the 37 that Mahomes will be when his next contract would begin, if he still wants to play.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

It's 258 plus the rookie 4th year and option year, so 8 years total. Thought the breakdown above was helpful. Crazy (but expected) money, but salary cap increases with these new TV rights deals should be significant going forward over this period as well.

Awesome deal by Beane. If Allen repeats his performance from last year, the price would have been significantly higher after the new TV deal.

It shakes out to 35 million per season for 8 years. Tons of flexibility to mess with the cap.

More evidence the cap is fake.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I trust Beane did the right thing, but the ghost of Carson Wentz/Jared Goff sits in the back of my mind. I would want to see Allen continue to develop this year and then get something done.
Those are such awful comparisons. Josh Allen’s last season was MVP level. The only similarity is their age at signing.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

If you add the 2 cheap years to the 6 what is his AAV per year?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I trust Beane did the right thing, but the ghost of Carson Wentz/Jared Goff sits in the back of my mind. I would want to see Allen continue to develop this year and then get something done.

Wentz/Goff don't have the assets that Allen has. He can throw it twice as far as both of those two, run twice as fast and more accurate.

Reactions: Dingo44

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Those are such awful comparisons. Josh Allen’s last season was MVP level. The only similarity is their age at signing.
Lol I didn't compare them at all. What I was referencing is them getting extended when maybe another year of guaranteed development would have saved them from dead cap hell and in Goff's case, trading assets to get away from. Again, I fully trust Beane did the right thing and I hope Josh keeps progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad