Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason Part III: The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I feel the Beane comment about cutting non vaccine players is getting taken out of context. The question was if there was a vaccine quota to lift restrictions and the last player on the roster is the deciding factor, do you opt for a vaccinated player. That's a far cry from saying he will cut all non-vaccinated players.

Still, probably Beane should not have said it, but I do think the context of the question is pretty important.

Reactions: Husko

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Buffalo Bills reportedly working out WR/KR Jeff Badet

Beane relentlessly brings players in to build a database. Even if they're not signed he meets, ranks, and has their contact info. He lives by the 6 P's.

Bills must be one of the very few teams who haven't exceeded the roster limit this offseason & had to cut anyone though. Not even sure we're even at the maximum currently?

I've noticed they have tried quite a few guys out in the past few weeks though with no sign of a contract.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Assuming Badet signs, it will be fun to have an open competition at the return position between him, Powell, McKenzie, and Stevensen.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Bills must be one of the very few teams who haven't exceeded the roster limit this offseason & had to cut anyone though. Not even sure we're even at the maximum currently?

I've noticed they have tried quite a few guys out in the past few weeks though with no sign of a contract.
Once draft picks sign it will be 87. So 4 more spots to add heading into camp. I wouldn't be surprised to see him target a guy who will released or guys who have been with us before heading into camp.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Treyvon Hester signed. Seems like a solid pickup this late in the process. Don't think he played anywhere last season though.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Damn, Dion Dawkins got BIG (and not necessarily in a good way, unless the team told him to put on weight).

Maybe they’re planning on using him at 1 tech DT... :laugh:

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I'd be ok with this

How does the cap work though?

I've long been saying Mitch Morse is a strong cut candidate next offseason... But is there a chance he's moved over the summer?

If he's traded post 1st June the dead cap hit is only 2.75m - this equates to a cap saving of circa 5.5m.

You have to think Morse would attract legitimate suitors & there is enough depth on the roster for Feliciano to take over at C.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
How does the cap work though?

I've long been saying Mitch Morse is a strong cut candidate next offseason... But is there a chance he's moved over the summer?

If he's traded post 1st June the dead cap hit is only 2.75m - this equates to a cap saving of circa 5.5m.

You have to think Morse would attract legitimate suitors & there is enough depth on the roster for Feliciano to take over at C.

Barnwell states that have ~$4M in cap space and implies that Ertz would be willing to take a pay cut to $3.5M. The NFL salary cap is like funny money to me, so I have no idea how valid any of this is.

Reactions: billsandsabres

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hopefully they can get through to most of the players before camp starts.
Yup. The shame game doesn't work. It takes time and understanding of where the issue lies with these players. Hopefully it doesn't cause a divide. I know of one player (Davis) who would post Pseudo Science BS on Instagram regarding the pandemic. I don't think that would fly over too well with our recent first round pick whose mother worked a COVID ICU.

McD will keep them tight knit, though, and he's one guy who may be able to convince those on the fence to get plucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad