Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason Part III: The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
PrimeTime games throw everything off. Miss when they just consistently played Sunday at 1.

No that is just because the Bills went nearly 20 years without the playoffs. Elite Super Bowl Contenders play prime time all the time. You think Patriot fans are upset they lived on MNF and SNF during the Brady era?

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
No that is just because the Bills went nearly 20 years without the playoffs. Elite Super Bowl Contenders play prime time all the time. You think Patriot fans are upset they lived on MNF and SNF during the Brady era?
Literally no one is ever upset about this except maybe a team's owner, if there's some sort of financial incentive, and even then, they aren't as upset as you seem to be :laugh:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
That response doesn't even have anything to do with what he said lol. He is saying, he enjoys the 1 pm starts, most people don't want to stay up till midnight the day before a workday

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
That response doesn't even have anything to do with what he said lol. He is saying, he enjoys the 1 pm starts, most people don't want to stay up till midnight the day before a workday

Exactly. My 5 year old loves to watch too but no way she’s staying up that late when bed time is usually 7.

Got to watch Bills-Jets Thursday night game a couple years back in Alaska. That time was doable
For prime time!

Reactions: SundherDome

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I wish all their games were primetime as I prefer the 9am start to the usual 2am

I'm the opposite. Usual 6pm kick off is absolutely perfect - but i typically watch RZ then rewatch the Bills game in full during the week.

Prime time 1.30am kick off is more difficult. I normally have to book the next day off work if i really want to watch it. During the playoffs i started watching the Steelers/Browns game knowing i had to work the next day. I couldn't switch it off though & ended up getting about 2 hrs sleep. :laugh:

Back in the days when i was a student i remember watching a WC playoff game that went to multiple overtimes. Think it was the Canucks during Bertuzzi/Naslund era. Must have finished about 10am. Walked into college & they asked me why i was late. :laugh:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'm the opposite. Usual 6pm kick off is absolutely perfect - but i typically watch RZ then rewatch the Bills game in full during the week.

Prime time 1.30am kick off is more difficult. I normally have to book the next day off work if i really want to watch it. During the playoffs i started watching the Steelers/Browns game knowing i had to work the next day. I couldn't switch it off though & ended up getting about 2 hrs sleep. :laugh:

Back in the days when i was a student i remember watching a WC playoff game that went to multiple overtimes. Think it was the Canucks during Bertuzzi/Naslund era. Must have finished about 10am. Walked into college & they asked me why i was late. :laugh:
The Euro time is great for the early starts remember plenty of times watching Bills games in the barracks when I was stationed in Spain

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The Euro time is great for the early starts remember plenty of times watching Bills games in the barracks when I was stationed in Spain

It's perfect. On a Sunday too so there's normally nothing else to do as opposed to Fridays/Saturdays.

It's one of the reasons i think the nfl is so popular here i think. It's so accessible. They really do a good job of marketing/selling the game. Totally different to hockey.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
But can he block? If not, he’s just another big bodied receiver that happens to be playing on the LOS. There’s no opportunity for a match up advantage if they can still just put a corner on you
He could block, going back to his FSU days but he never seemed willing, now with his career on the line..

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
He could block, going back to his FSU days but he never seemed willing, now with his career on the line..

Yeah, he couldn't be bothered to complete his route when the ball wasn't coming to him ( or when it was coming to him for that matter). I wouldn't want to count on him at TE to give the effort blocking so that my QB or RB don't get killed. :help:

On the brightside, maybe they'll trade Engram to the Bills now? ;)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Yeah, he couldn't be bothered to complete his route when the ball wasn't coming to him ( or when it was coming to him for that matter). I wouldn't want to count on him at TE to give the effort blocking so that my QB or RB don't get killed. :help:

On the brightside, maybe they'll trade Engram to the Bills now? ;)
I think he can block and with his career on the line we will see. I don't think he would be a dominant blocker but maybe now a willing one

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Living an NFL dream: Childhood friends Dane Jackson and Damar Hamlin now Bills teammates

Nice background piece on Dane Jackson and Damar Hamlin. I expect Jackson to be opposite Tre on opening day.

Why Beane collected late picks:
Rookie Damar Hamlin is ready to go 'Waterboy' for Bills

Beane ended up trading back in the draft. Due to COVID-19, the entire prospect pool of players that entered the draft was smaller than usual. Post-draft, teams then sign undrafted players.With that initial pool being so small, there would be less UDFA to bring in. Realizing that, Beane moved back to make sure he could bring in a few extra players to promote competition.“There were less guys on our priority free agent board,” Beane said. “I was just trying to get as many guys, because we had a bunch of guys in that fifth-, sixth-round range that I felt like there will be guys we like, let’s just get as many picks as we can.”

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Really happy with the Bills draft. The team was solid, and Beane did a great job retaining nearly everyone.

Teams in the Bills position can sometimes get quirky and swing for fences, making some odd picks. Beane went exactly the way he should’ve, bolstering both lines with meat-and-potato’s players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad