Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason Part III: The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
How Bills wide receiver Jake Kumerow is playing central role in drama between Aaron Rodgers and Packers
NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport said Monday that Rodgers was miffed when Green Bay released Kumerow last summer, shortly after the reigning MVP had praised the undrafted wideout. The Packers signed Kumerow in 2017.

“Rodgers wanted to be more involved in some of the personnel decisions,” Rapoport said, via the New York Post. “This is crazy, but it does seem like it drove Rodgers nuts when the organization cut Jake Kumerow just a day after he praised him publicly.”

If Rodgers ends up with the Pats because of this I'll be miffed at Kumerow.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
How Bills wide receiver Jake Kumerow is playing central role in drama between Aaron Rodgers and Packers
NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport said Monday that Rodgers was miffed when Green Bay released Kumerow last summer, shortly after the reigning MVP had praised the undrafted wideout. The Packers signed Kumerow in 2017.

“Rodgers wanted to be more involved in some of the personnel decisions,” Rapoport said, via the New York Post. “This is crazy, but it does seem like it drove Rodgers nuts when the organization cut Jake Kumerow just a day after he praised him publicly.”

Rodgers will make the better but he is still beatable. I hope he stays in GB but I wouldn't ming seeing him in Denver. KC is living their rent free sans a few Raiders games (somehow)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Rodgers isn't going to NE.

My money is on Denver at this point.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Rodgers isn't going to NE.

My money is on Denver at this point.

Can’t imagine the Packers would let him go to an NFC team (except maybe the WFT). So I’d rank the 2021 options in order of my likelihood:

1. Jeopardy
2. Broncos
3. Raiders
4. WFT
5. Titans
6. Browns

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Bills’ Dan Morgan a ‘name to watch’ for Panthers assistant GM or VP of player personnel (report)

After Fitterer was hired by Carolina, Morgan spoke to Panthers.com about his relationship with their new GM. He referred to Fitterer as a friend and even told the site that his family and Fitterer’s family vacationed together.
Morgan also had high praise for Fitterer as an executive.
“I think he’s going to be a great leader for the Panthers because of the way he works with people,” Morgan told Panthers.com. “He knows how to communicate, how to delegate authority, and how to treat people with respect through the organization.”
“He’s just a cool dude,” Morgan added. “You guys are going to love him. And, he’s going to do a great job.”

There's a good chance Morgan will be leaving the Bills. If he wants to be a GM this is the next logical step and it looks like a good fit for him.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Can’t imagine the Packers would let him go to an NFC team (except maybe the WFT). So I’d rank the 2021 options in order of my likelihood:

1. Jeopardy
2. Broncos
3. Raiders
4. WFT
5. Titans
6. Browns
I agree. Denver (near where his soon-to-be wife lives) and Vegas (near LA, where his soon-to-be wife works and where Jeopardy films) are the two heavy favorites. I'd also throw the Giants out there as an option. Not near LA, but plenty of flights back and forth and I could see him and his soon-to-be wife seeing allure in the big apple.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I agree. Denver (near where his soon-to-be wife lives) and Vegas (near LA, where his soon-to-be wife works and where Jeopardy films) are the two heavy favorites. I'd also throw the Giants out there as an option. Not near LA, but plenty of flights back and forth and I could see him and his soon-to-be wife seeing allure in the big apple.

Would the Giants give up on Jones?

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

1. Jeopardy
2. Broncos
3. Raiders
4. WFT
5. Titans
6. Browns
Gross. I'd rather he ruin Football for a couple of seasons by playing in the AFC East than he ruin Jeopardy for decades.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Watching highlights of Josh from last year, here are some things I noted:

- Feliciano coming back bought him more time.
- After the two losses in a row, he checked down more
- Singletary was a big part of this offense, he was good at blocking, also got a chip when needed going out for a pass, was always open for a few free yards. He runs a decent route tree as well, not just flats and wheel routes.
- Josh entered a zone from the Pats game on.
- Williams protection deteriorated as the season went on
- Josh is an elite set-up man, he does an incredible job of making the defense think they know what they are doing.
- The three losses (not cards) had some things in common. The DB's were very handsy with receivers, their d-lines got a lot of pressure with 4 man rushes, and the linebackers shrunk the field. Same thing happened with Indy and Balt too.

Just keep improving, Josh. That's all I ask for.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Stefon Diggs reveals he played through serious oblique injury last postseason
As it turns out, injuries may have been what ultimately prevented the Buffalo Bills from reaching the Super Bowl last season.

We already knew Cole Beasley played throughout the playoffs with a broken fibula, which he suffered in the Bills’ blowout win over the New England Patriots in Week 16. Rookie wideout Gabriel Davis was also hampered, suffering an ankle injury against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Divisional Round.

Jeff Jillson and Doug Janik would have had to play if these guys couldn't limp through it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
As it turns out, injuries may have been what ultimately prevented the Buffalo Bills from reaching the Super Bowl last season.

We already knew Cole Beasley played throughout the playoffs with a broken fibula, which he suffered in the Bills’ blowout win over the New England Patriots in Week 16. Rookie wideout Gabriel Davis was also hampered, suffering an ankle injury against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Divisional Round.

Jeff Jillson and Doug Janik would have had to play if these guys couldn't limp through it.

That sucks, especially knowing that there is an extra game this year and pre-season. I wonder if we get a 21 plus point lead if they start running two wide sets with reserve players.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC

You monster. Ruined a perfectly good day

Reactions: SundherDome

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Eh, first couple weeks seemed sloppy around the league from what I recall. Some games are needed.

The smart teams won’t play anyone of value for one snap at this point anyway. So it won’t fix your perceived problem

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Watching highlights of Josh from last year, here are some things I noted:

- After the two losses in a row, he checked down more

I don’t know why this part of the season get lost so often but he was injured. He had injured his non throwing shoulder and it wrecked his timing and accuracy for a month. it’s why they ran so much against New England and almost blew the game.

One of the former QBs who is now an analyst and I can’t remember which one tweeted that he had the same injury and predicted the exact week he should be normal. It was the Seahawks game. And he never looked back.

The games where he was playing hurt we scored way under the rest of the games. Allen was even better than he got credit for last year when you factor in he only had 12 games where he wasn’t injured (and played a hard slate of D last year)

those 12 games the bills scored

the four he had the bum shoulder

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

I'm hoping the Bills run the ball more often and more successfully this season. Hopefully the RBs stay healthy. I think both young backs improve this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad