Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason Part III: The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I like the concept of drafting these positions highly.

But there should be no excuses for the defense, dl, or front 7 now.

Tons of $$$ thrown at guys like Star, Hughes, Addison, Vernon Butler with 2 1st round picks on Ed Oliver, Rousseau and 2 2nd round picks on Epenesa and Basham.

Throw in the 1st and 3rd on Edmunds and the high contract to Milano.

If with all this $$$$ and draft picks Mcdermott and Frazier can't do better than mediocre someone's head needs to roll.
Agreed. I really could careless if Frazier is gone. The defense shined against trash QBs two years ago, but was largely mediocre last year.

Obviously McD isn't going anywhere. His teams have had their flaws, but there's no denying the results, especially last season in which they had a tough schedule, went 13-3, and were trashing on pretty good teams to end the year.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Agreed. I really could careless if Frazier is gone. The defense shined against trash QBs two years ago, but was largely mediocre last year.

Obviously McD isn't going anywhere. His teams have had their flaws, but there's no denying the results, especially last season in which they had a tough schedule, went 13-3, and were trashing on pretty good teams to end the year.

Yeah, I just want to assume the best. But finishing 16th or below on defense with this investment you either need to fire Frazier or change up what's happening in pro personnel and scouting.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm not a big Frazier fan. It would have been nice if the Texans would have hired him instead of Culley. I'd rather have two 3rd round picks. This will be his make or break year with the draft capital they just used on that side of the ball. There'd better be a significant step taken forward.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The defense is going to be to take a massive step forward based solely on who they play this year. Look at the list of QBs. We won’t know anything until the playoffs.

but also let’s put some things in context. Your defense is going to allow more yards and points when you score early and quickly. When you pass and the clock doesn’t run as much. I couldn’t care less about most of the plays made against this defense last year. Only a handful even mattered. It’s my Levi Wallace point. “We need an upgrade...he gets beat so often”. Does he? I’m going to need to see the numbers on that. He gets thrown at a lot. Because he’s not Tre White and the other team is behind. Well...whoever they replace him with still isn’t going to be Tre White and the opponent is still going to be playing from behind. And if he is then they’ll throw more at Tre and he won’t be Tre White either.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
The defense is going to be to take a massive step forward based solely on who they play this year. Look at the list of QBs. We won’t know anything until the playoffs.

but also let’s put some things in context. Your defense is going to allow more yards and points when you score early and quickly. When you pass and the clock doesn’t run as much. I couldn’t care less about most of the plays made against this defense last year. Only a handful even mattered. It’s my Levi Wallace point. “We need an upgrade...he gets beat so often”. Does he? I’m going to need to see the numbers on that. He gets thrown at a lot. Because he’s not Tre White and the other team is behind. Well...whoever they replace him with still isn’t going to be Tre White and the opponent is still going to be playing from behind. And if he is then they’ll throw more at Tre and he won’t be Tre White either.
I like the point you're making but then again I'm biased. Levi is one of my favorite guys on the team.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Agreed, I think Wallace is a good Cb2

Reactions: schpaff

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I like the point you're making but then again I'm biased. Levi is one of my favorite guys on the team.
I’m not saying you can’t upgrade on Levi Wallace...I just saw a lot of Bills Twitter freaking out about CB2 and I’m like...I think they like their guys and I have no reason to not agree.

Reactions: Husko

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC

Agreed. Our SOS, the QBs we play next year, plus Star back, plus EDGE (if I could capitalize it harder, I WOULD) help; Wallace is such an afterthought, and still a pretty good one at that! I think Frazier will do just fine with the tools he has and has been given

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I'm not a big Frazier fan. It would have been nice if the Texans would have hired him instead of Culley. I'd rather have two 3rd round picks. This will be his make or break year with the draft capital they just used on that side of the ball. There'd better be a significant step taken forward.
I like Frazier. His defenses haven't had the best pass rush, but the Bills come up with good schemes against some decent offenses. Think of the playoff game against Baltimore. I'm thinking the schemes continue to be impressive this year but that the pass rush comes alive with some better performances from Oliver and Epenesa and Johnson.

Also, unrelatedly, I think the Bills will run the ball effectively this season.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah, I just want to assume the best. But finishing 16th or below on defense with this investment you either need to fire Frazier or change up what's happening in pro personnel and scouting.

Yeah - let's not pin everything on Frazier. They have committed an absolutely absurd amount of assets & money to the DL - but let's not assume that these players are all worthy of the investment.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I know it isn’t exactly what we’re all looking forward to, but has there been any word on if there will be a preseason this year?
I imagine we'll get the preseason schedule with the regular season schedule next week. But the league/teams/players did ratify a 17-game regular season and 3-game pre-season for 2021 and beyond.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I imagine we'll get the preseason schedule with the regular season schedule next week. But the league/teams/players did ratify a 17-game regular season and 3-game pre-season for 2021 and beyond.
They should stop preseason it was better without it

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They should stop preseason it was better without it
I think 2 games is probably the ideal landing spot for me. One game where you get your starters in for a season series or 2 and shake the rust off, set up scheme, etc. One game just for roster bubble guys to show out and earn a spot. Anything more is completely unnecessary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce