Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I walked past a kid's (middle school maybe?) T-Ball or baseball game the other day as it was ending. After it ended, instead of the traditional "good game" handshake line, the players waved to each other from the opposite foul territories. And as I compare that to these Hurst/Gilmore hugs, it makes something seem obvious: why are they allowing post-game mingling/hugging/embracing/hand shaking at all? Seems like one avenue of possible exposure that has zero necessity that should be clipped immediately.
Watching college games this year, there are strong directives from the coaches at game conclusion for players to head to locker room and not mingle with opponents they know, post-game.

=========
Re: Bills,
If the Bills were scheduled to play the Pats, and the Pats were COVID positive and there was documented evidence of transgressed protocols, I would fully expect the NFL to require the Bills to forfeit because Pats/Kraft/Darth Hoodie.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I don't see a way this season is going to be able to be finished.. (leaguewide)

Also

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Super Bowl contenders or pretenders? Classifying NFL's eight division leaders

STRONG CONTENDERS

giphcy6ie9mxbnldntsf

Buffalo Bills
AFC East · 4-0
Josh Allen's immense improvement (+12.1 completion percentage and +37.4 passer rating from 2019) in Brian Daboll's architecture, Buffalo's continuity and high-level results from the O-line, along with the addition of Stefon Diggs, have resulted in the third-year quarterback boasting a sparkling touchdown-to-interception ratio (12:1) and the second-highest yards-per-attempt rate (9.0) in the NFL. This offense also ranks third in big plays (passes of 20-plus yards + runs of 10-plus yards), another metric of success that, if the trend holds, will be a big factor for the Bills beyond the regular season.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I am quite intrigued about how the NFL is going to solve the Bills/Titans game this Sunday, because I cannot see an easy solution to this one. Of course, the Titans can always be forced to forfeit...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Trying to get the Titans game in at this point is just silly. They're clearly in the middle of an ongoing and evolving outbreak.

Reactions: Zman5778

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I am quite intrigued about how the NFL is going to solve the Bills/Titans game this Sunday, because I cannot see an easy solution to this one. Of course, the Titans can always be forced to forfeit...

IMO this is the leagues problem because they created the entire situation.

They were arrogant enough to think this type of scenario wouldn't happen when it was more or less inevitable.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Another Titans player tests positive for COVID-19; Sunday's game vs. Bills in doubt

Another day brings another positive COVID-19 test in Tennessee. The latest result casts serious doubt Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills can be played.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that another Titans player tested positive during Wednesday's round of testing, per a source informed of the situation.

Pelissero added that the inconclusive test from the previous day also came back positive, per a source.

Tennessee's facility remains closed.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the number is now 21 members of Titans organization -- 12 players, nine personnel -- to test positive for the novel coronavirus.

With the positive tests trickling in one or two by day, Tennessee hasn't been in their facility since the Week 3 game against the Minnesota Vikings. The NFL postponed the Titans-Steelers game scheduled for last Sunday until Week 7.

With the Titans' bye burned last week and the Bills set to play next Thursday night, the league is in a tough spot trying to figure out how to play the game, given the positive test results continue.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL coronavirus tracker: Another Titans player tests positive Thursday, game vs. Bills in question

A day after two new Titans players tested positive for COVID-19, an additional Tennessee player has tested positive for the virus, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. That brings the tally to 23 Titans players and personnel members who have tested positive for COVID-19 since Sept. 24. The Titans players that have tested positive include Corey Davis, Adam Humphries, DaQuan Jones, Kristian Fulton, Jefferey Simmons, Kamalei Correa, Beau Brinkley, Isaiah Wilson, and practice squad players Cameron Batson, Greg Mabin, and Tommy Hudson.

The league is currently evaluating their options for Sunday's game between the Titans and Bills, according to Pelissero. There is an option of playing Sunday's game on either Monday or Tuesday in Nashville. If this happens, next Thursday night's game between the Chiefs and Bills would be moved to Saturday, according to ESPN's Dianna Russini.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
IMO this is the leagues problem because they created the entire situation.

They were arrogant enough to think this type of scenario wouldn't happen when it was more or less inevitable.

I agree to a large extent, but it's still a problem that needs solving. The easiest and most beneficial to the Bills is the Titans forfeit, because they take some of the blame for this. However, that does not appear to be a solution on the table at this point, and not all of the possible solutions benefit the Bills.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I agree to a large extent, but it's still a problem that needs solving. The easiest and most beneficial to the Bills is the Titans forfeit, because they take some of the blame for this. However, that does not appear to be a solution on the table at this point, and not all of the possible solutions benefit the Bills.

Take your homer glasses off & tell me having a team forfeit is the best solution.

I wonder what the consequences would be moving forward? Teams definately wouldn't try to cover things up if they knew results could be at stake... :facepalm:

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Forfeiting means players on both teams don’t get game checks. And the league loses tv revenue. Neither side wants to forfeit.

The problem with rescheduling to a week 18 is that (possibly) the Bills and Taints will be the only two playoff teams not getting an extra week of rest, playoff bye notwithstanding. That’s just unfair. Idk if there is a fair way to reschedule this without f***ing the Bills in one way or another.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There's no need to decide things like forfeit, rescheduling, etc. now. That can all wait.

But they should 100% cancel the game. What happens from there (reschedule for week 18? forfeit? just cancel and both teams only play 15 games, etc.) can wait until later to decide. Who knows, maybe the game isn't playoff determinative and we can end up just canceling. Or maybe it turns out the violations were so egregious that forfeiting is the just result. But again, there's no reason to decide that now.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Forfeiting means players on both teams don’t get game checks. And the league loses tv revenue. Neither side wants to forfeit.

The problem with rescheduling to a week 18 is that (possibly) the Bills and Taints will be the only two playoff teams not getting an extra week of rest, playoff bye notwithstanding. That’s just unfair. Idk if there is a fair way to reschedule this without f***ing the Bills in one way or another.

League needs to make a stand. Push the playoffs back a few weeks, add a number of mid season breaks for everyone so that teams can catch up if they have games in hand.

Reactions: Zman5778

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Take your homer glasses off & tell me having a team forfeit is the best solution.

I wonder what the consequences would be moving forward? Teams definately wouldn't try to cover things up if they knew results could be at stake... :facepalm:

It may not be the best solution, but it could be the safest, especially with multiple members of the team being pretty open in their defiance of the safety protocols.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Not sure about the reason for the homer glasses comment, because it's off base, and a lazy argument. I'd have no sympathy for the Bills in a similar situation.

The forfeit option is one the league itself has put forward recently as a possibility for these situations, so it's not something I'm pulling out of thin air. In fact it's the only reason I brought it up. I'm also not even the only one on this page, or even the first to bring up the possibility.

If true the Titans held an illegal practice, that would be a rather egregious violation of the protocols. What do you consider an appropriate punishment to be? As for it being the easiest option, the reasoning behind that should be rather obvious.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If the Bills gathered in groups to practice while they were on COVID lockdown protocols, I would absolutely support a forced forfeit. Pay the opposition their game checks.

The NFL needs to come down hard on players/coaches that aren't following protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad