Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
More surprised Vosean Joseph didnt even make the PS

Joseph was an earlier cut so its not completely surprising... Andre Smith was more likely to make the PS IMO.

Can someone explain the deal with Kumerow? It was reported that he was being signed to the Bills PS NOT the main roster.

Also - what's the deal with Marlowe / Roberts? I had both of these guys as locks for the main roster to be honest.

Only 8 DBs seem light. I guess McKenzie can handle return duties in place of Roberts.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Roberts and Marlowe are expected to sign with the main roster after Feliciano and someone else are put on IR. They had to wait until after the final 53 to IR people or they are lost for the year (like DiMarco). This year there is a much briefer IR rule so it is of great benefit to utilize it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Roberts and Marlowe are expected to sign with the main roster after Feliciano and someone else are put on IR. They had to wait until after the final 53 to IR people or they are lost for the year (like DiMarco). This year there is a much briefer IR rule so it is of great benefit to utilize it.

Who else is going on IR/PUP along with Feliciano?

Also won't that mean whoever goes on will miss the first 8 games regardless of their health?

NFL roster rules are unneccisarily complicated...

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Who else is going on IR/PUP along with Feliciano?

Also won't that mean whoever goes on will miss the first 8 games regardless of their health?

NFL roster rules are unneccisarily complicated...
We're not sure who else.

New COVID rules allow multiple players (don't recall if there is a limit to the number, but I don't think there is one) to go on IR for a minimum of 3 weeks, instead of 8 or the whole year.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
We're not sure who else.

New COVID rules allow multiple players (don't recall if there is a limit to the number, but I don't think there is one) to go on IR for a minimum of 3 weeks, instead of 8 or the whole year.

And there is the answer.

Again, both of those players can return Week 4 if they are healthy.

Pat DiMarco was placed on IR before the 53-man roster cutdown day and is out for the season.

And those players on the short-term IR do not count towards the roster while in IR.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Having our top 6 receivers with numbers starting with 1 feels unnatural.

#11 - Cole Beasley
#13 - Gabe Davis
#14 - Stefon Diggs
#15 - John Brown
#18 - Andre Roberts
#19 - Isaiah McKenzie

Then there is Isaiah Hodgins with #87.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

#11 - Cole Beasley
#13 - Gabe Davis
#14 - Stefon Diggs
#15 - John Brown
#18 - Andre Roberts
#19 - Isaiah McKenzie

I just like having 6 wide receivers I can feel confident in (don't overally trust Roberts as a wide out, although he had a TD last year).

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

#11 - Cole Beasley
#13 - Gabe Davis
#14 - Stefon Diggs
#15 - John Brown
#18 - Andre Roberts
#19 - Isaiah McKenzie

I liked having more WRs in the league wearing jersey numbers in the 80s. Seems weird seeing tons of guys across the league wearing what once were more commonly QB numbers these days.

Reactions: vcv

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Here's the Bills Vince Taylor replacement. Slayton is in the same boat as Kumerow. He won't appear on the roster/ps until he goes through the Covid protocol.
Bills build their initial practice squad; more moves likely to follow
Slayton, listed at 6-4 and 309, is returning to upstate New York after his college career at Syracuse. He was a seventh-round pick in 2019 who spent most of the season on the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster for the regular season finale.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
4gbjwxkm8ml51.jpg

Best pic ever

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
the op said he was a ps player, and I didn’t really care to check

Not that it really matters - but if you're referring to my OP - I didn't say he was a PS player. At that point yesterday nobody had any PS players - all teams were still in the process of adding them.

He was one of the more high profile roster cuts in the league & Packers fans love him. Probably more likely their equivalent of Duke Williams but he did look OK in flashes I saw last year & I think it's an interesting add.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Bills hosting Lamar Miller.

Another big time cut from last week. Hopefully this means the end for Yeldon.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Not that it really matters - but if you're referring to my OP - I didn't say he was a PS player. At that point yesterday nobody had any PS players - all teams were still in the process of adding them.

He was one of the more high profile roster cuts in the league & Packers fans love him. Probably more likely their equivalent of Duke Williams but he did look OK in flashes I saw last year & I think it's an interesting add.

He's more than a Duke Williams. He's got potential. The Packers GM is an idiot. (Not due to the cut but everything he does)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Bills hosting Lamar Miller.

Another big time cut from last week. Hopefully this means the end for Yeldon.

Nah. Miller and Yeldon are 2 different RBs. Yeldon is primarily a 3rd down back. Miller is primarily a 1st-and-2nd down back but he's not terrible catching the ball.

He'd be insurance should Singletary or Moss go down.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Nah. Miller and Yeldon are 2 different RBs. Yeldon is primarily a 3rd down back. Miller is primarily a 1st-and-2nd down back but he's not terrible catching the ball.

He'd be insurance should Singletary or Moss go down.

I don't think there is room for another RB on the roster.

I also get the impression they are pleasantly surprised with both Moss & Singletary as pass catching options.

I feel like Yeldon is pretty much redundant TBH. So although they are not the same player I could see him being cut in favour of Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad