Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
On the bright side, Terry had a great conversation with the bartender in the Labatt tasting room during the negotiations, and he's joining the Sabres as AGM.

Seems right. I heard from a local food truck operator he’s being tasked by Kim AND Terry to design the parking lot plans for the new stadium that they will be building because they liked how he always parked the truck legally.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Everyone crying about Diggs being 7th among wrs in madden 2021 ahead of obj and evans haha.

2015-886 yards
2016-1112 yards
2017-970 yards
2018-1090 yards
2019-1205 yards

career - 1056 yards,83 catches,7 tds per 16 games.

all with only 2 100+ target seasons. Wait until he gets the 140-150+ targets the top 10 wrs get now as the true franchise WR.

He has shown he can be a possession and big play receiver.He has a 100+ catch season and then a 1000+ yard one with just ~60 receptions. I think if Allen takes the next step 4000 yards and 25-26 pass tds is reasonablem He has 2 legit 1000 yard guys and some decent secondary options. I think Diggs can be a 90-100 catch, 1300 yard, 9-10 TD a season wr for the next 5 years. If he is that then its a massive win because a 1st round wr is only guaranteed 4-5 years of control and likely far less production.

Allen can hit 4k this year. It is a unicorn for a Bills Qb but 4k is not that special. 250 yards a game should be what is expected from allen

Diggs-1100-1200
Brown-900-1000
Beasley-600-700
Knox-400-500
Moss+Singletary-+other rbs 500-600
rest of wrs+tes-400-500

That is a reasonable projection of 3900-4500 pass yards. We want Allen to throw for 4k, pass for 25 and run for 400 yards and 6 tds then pass for 3300 and 20, and rush for 700 and 8-9. I hope we see Allen throw for 4k, our RBs to combine for 1400 yards and Diggs to get over 1100 and Brown near 1000. With Bass hopefully winning the job allowing 50 yard fgs to be attempted again hopefully we see a Bills team averaged 25 points a game.

I still don't think a full NFL season will happen but I gotta say, I'm excited to be reading absurdly optimistic predictions again. Feels right.

As someone already mentioned, Allen was a good fantasy QB because of his legs. I sincerely doubt he'll approach 4k yards through the air and I very much hope that isn't Daboll's goal for him. Though it would fit his consistent "square peg, round hole" theory on offensive strategy.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
On the bright side, Terry had a great conversation with the bartender in the Labatt tasting room during the negotiations, and he's joining the Sabres as AGM.
No one is more disappointed than Ralph Krueger who had visions of becoming Labatt's Chief Brewmaster.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Kyle and Lorenzo back as depth player coaches .. W the rest of the moves ..that Dallas road game becomes the norm and the bills are due everywhere.. Eichel dahlin mittlestadt cousins pekar and a rookie d , kahun hit their stride as does kevyn Adams signing a fa w money saved w rooks playing and steals a 2c and a goalie.. sports may be fun again m

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Kyle and Lorenzo back as depth player coaches .. W the rest of the moves ..that Dallas road game becomes the norm and the bills are due everywhere.. Eichel dahlin mittlestadt cousins pekar and a rookie d , kahun hit their stride as does kevyn Adams signing a fa w money saved w rooks playing and steals a 2c and a goalie.. sports may be fun again m
Man, you must be new to Buffalo. That optimism is usually dragged outta ya by age 12.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Reactions: sabremike

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Man, you must be new to Buffalo. That optimism is usually dragged outta ya by age 12.

Funny.. Ive been reinvigorated some by my wife and am exploring my inner twelve to thirty year old ( saw alot of games 74 to 79 in the oranges) .. I do think mittlestadt and cozens lazar and maybe pekar help w the cap .. A goalie , fa and a center puts us in the thick of the fight as i like Jack more than all the players ive watched just due to his petulant will and his recent maturation that he needs everyone else.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This been posted yet?

Amazing

You can definitely see how their leadership styles differ. Allen is quite at home being the 'good cop', while Eichel is definitely more 'bad cop'. I remember a very brief interview on the old Empire Network, or whatever it was called around 93-94, when they had LaFontaine on with Kelly and Patty was just so much more personable. Then they both went on to help with kids in the area dealing with disabilities and I really respected that. We just have a time atm to have two really good leaders guide a city on the rise again. I don't think Allen would ever leave unless we cut him. Eichel concerns me though. It's not his fault but he's a top 15 player in his craft...lets just see what happens I guess.

Oh and off topic, sorta, but F the Pegulas for giving the Sabres nothing to build Eichel around. He's got Sam and Dahlin and otherwise a pile of crap. Allen is in such a more comfortable position.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You can definitely see how their leadership styles differ. Allen is quite at home being the 'good cop', while Eichel is definitely more 'bad cop'. I remember a very brief interview on the old Empire Network, or whatever it was called around 93-94, when they had LaFontaine on with Kelly and Patty was just so much more personable. Then they both went on to help with kids in the area dealing with disabilities and I really respected that. We just have a time atm to have two really good leaders guide a city on the rise again. I don't think Allen would ever leave unless we cut him. Eichel concerns me though. It's not his fault but he's a top 15 player in his craft...lets just see what happens I guess.

Oh and off topic, sorta, but F the Pegulas for giving the Sabres nothing to build Eichel around. He's got Sam and Dahlin and otherwise a pile of crap. Allen is in such a more comfortable position.

Good watch.

Allen is much more polished & a much more confident speaker than Jack. Really noticeable when it's side by side like this.

I disagree with your last point though. For starters - there are good players on the Sabres. In Eichel & Dahlin two potentially generational talents the kind of which other teams don't even have one of. Plus good supporting talent like Reinhart.

If comparing the two sports directly you need to understand that the NFL is far more short term in regards to roster construction, turnover of players, drafting/development cycles etc. They even alluded to that in the video. Plus the greater financial rigidity in the NHL. Some of Beane's most impressive work IMO has been his creative cap management. These types of moves would be impossible in the NHL landscape.

I think the one thing that has held the Sabres back more than anything is the constant shuffling of coaching & management teams /personnel. I hope they are FINALLY settled on who they have got & will give these guys adequate time to build.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Good watch.

Allen is much more polished & a much more confident speaker than Jack. Really noticeable when it's side by side like this.

I disagree with your last point though. For starters - there are good players on the Sabres. In Eichel & Dahlin two potentially generational talents the kind of which other teams don't even have one of. Plus good supporting talent like Reinhart.

If comparing the two sports directly you need to understand that the NFL is far more short term in regards to roster construction, turnover of players, drafting/development cycles etc. They even alluded to that in the video. Plus the greater financial rigidity in the NHL. Some of Beane's most impressive work IMO has been his creative cap management. These types of moves would be impossible in the NHL landscape.

I think the one thing that has held the Sabres back more than anything is the constant shuffling of coaching & management teams /personnel. I hope they are FINALLY settled on who they have got & will give these guys adequate time to build.

I definitely see what you're saying...but I also just think that we always say that things should "finally" be settled...and they never are. A losing organization starts from the top down. The Pegulas incorporate way more say over the Sabres than they do over the Bills because they wouldn't dare to disagree with McBeane. Adams and Krueger, though? They don't exactly command respect when they walk in the room, hence why I just can't get faith in that organization. I'll be rooting for Carolina until something changes at this point.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The Pegulas incorporate way more say over the Sabres than they do over the Bills because they wouldn't dare to disagree with McBeane. Adams and Krueger, though? They don't exactly command respect when they walk in the room,

how do you know literally any of that? Or why do you even think that?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Our residents Criminal attorney will know way more but.....what!? I didn’t watch the video. But what!!!

I wonder if the breathalyzer wasn’t working (wild speculation)

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Crazy that his blood work came up with zero intoxicants in his system. I’m too lazy to look up the post but I think I commented something to the effect of “he sure didn’t look like he failed the sobriety test in the video.” Granted, you can’t see his eyes, but he looked very stable for a drunk or stoned person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad