OT: Buffalo Bills, 2016: Part VI (7-9) – Head Coach Search Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Lynn's already come out against the Rooney Rule and said he wouldn't interview with any team that hasn't already interviewed an African-American.

So who knows what happens.

against the rule, by doubling down on it

yeah..

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
against the rule, by doubling down on it

yeah..

He's against the sham interviews of minority candidates just to fill the quota when the team already knows they are going to hire White Guy X.

I don't blame him. But, there is no way to guarantee that any team does a full and exhaustive coaching search, especially if they can get a big name guy (like let's say the Bills reach out to Nick Saban and he wants the job) to take the job before they interview anyone else.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
He's against the sham interviews of minority candidates just to fill the quota when the team already knows they are going to hire White Guy X.

I don't blame him. But, there is no way to guarantee that any team does a full and exhaustive coaching search, especially if they can get a big name guy (like let's say the Bills reach out to Nick Saban and he wants the job) to take the job before they interview anyone else.

Agreed, good for him. People in all professions should be against sham interviews for compliance purposes.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm mother****ing sick to my stomach listening to this right now. This is a DISASTER.

The owner tells the GM the coach is fired, the GM speaks when he wants, the new coach doesn't bench TT but has to explain why the move was made...the "just fired" coach picks his interim replacement

Reporters asking "I want to know what you do as GM".... "why do you have your job" ... "what do you do for a living"

It's a disaster

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
This is really bad.

I will be happy if Russ Brandon has less input with this team though. He's been here the entire time and I really don't like him involved in football operations.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If I didn't want the Bills to start winning, I'd almost be charmed by how inept they are. :facepalm:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
How does Whaley conduct a search for head coach knowing theowner just fired thelast one without consulting with him?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Man I was all for keeping whaley but what the hell was that?

I think it was Whaley not saying he didn't want Rex from the start. This is just my opinion but I think Ryan was strictly a choice of Russ Brandon and the Pegulas.

Whaley probably told them he's never had the chance to really run the team (Buddy Nix, Russ and most recently Rex seemed to have final say over the years). They're going to give him 2 years to try and right the ship. Get a coach, get a QB, and roll with it.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
My question for Mr. & Mrs. Pegula, pertaining to both the Bills and Sabres:

How stupid do you think we are?

[spoil] We're pretty stupid for continuing to enable this by buying tickets & march. [/spoil]

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Reporters asking "I want to know what you do as GM".... "why do you have your job" ... "what do you do for a living"

It's a disaster
That was a disaster of a press conference, but those questions got pretty dumb after the first time. It's pretty clear what he does and does not do. All today did was reinforce it. We already knew he doesn't have final say over the coach nor did the coach report to him. He has control over acquiring players and their contracts, period. It's not that difficult to understand, even if it's out of the ordinary or seems stupid, yet the Buffalo media kept harping on "what do you do?" Of all the absurd stuff that was said, I don't understand that part of it at all.

It's like the media was so annoyed with his answers (and lack there of), they took issue with everything he said.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah I think they and Murray wanted Babcock, but Bylsma was probably wasn't TM's 2nd choice

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
That was a disaster of a press conference, but those questions got pretty dumb after the first time. It's pretty clear what he does and does not do. All today did was reinforce it. We already knew he doesn't have final say over the coach nor did the coach report to him. He has control over acquiring players and their contracts, period. It's not that difficult to understand, even if it's out of the ordinary or seems stupid, yet the Buffalo media kept harping on "what do you do?" Of all the absurd stuff that was said, I don't understand that part of it at all.

It's like the media was so annoyed with his answers (and lack there of), they took issue with everything he said.

I agree. Buffalo media has an issue with the owners, and it manifests itself in other hideous ways. This was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad