Buff Hearing Tuesday

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Until such time, here's a Buff dance:

dustin-byfuglien.gif

;)

EDIT: Didn't realize I was on the Jets board thread.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Until such time, here's a Buff dance:

dustin-byfuglien.gif

;)
Watching Buff do that dance ...... my god that is brilliant , made me almost pee myself :laugh: Plus after reading the main board and everyone who isn't a Jets fan saying Buff should go straight to jail ..... :shakehead suspended for life , dirtest player in the NHL , give me a break . Just gonna think about Buff's dance every time someone says that now :laugh::handclap::laugh:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
If they "got it right" they wouldn't have made a ****ing hullabaloo about a perfectly clean hit.

MacKenzie mouthpiecing some ******** about Byfuglien--WHO WAS THE ONE WITH ****ING PUCK POSSESSION!!!!--coming laterally thus making it easier to pick the head has no relevance whatsoever on a play where he didn't pick the head.

"ELBOWING!! THAT WAS ELBOWING IN THE HEAD!!!!!"

*replay shows it wasn't elbowing*

"THE, UH... ANGLE!!! THE ANGLE WAS TOO ELBOW-Y IN HIS HEAD!!!!"

DoPS hates Byfuglien. I guess I should learn to come to terms with it.

I'll make some bold prediction here and say that he will get suspended at some point this season.

Meh.

In the mean time go coddle yer ridiculous ****ing floppers.

:handclap:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Mackenzie sounded like a dope on this one. "I didn't like the angle..." brother... :shakehead Some guys jumped the gun and assumed the fact he had a hearing meant he was getting a suspension and they started looking for ways to explain the suspension pre-emptively (Ralphie included :D). I don't even think there was an interference penalty to be called there. Hell, Gallagher interfered with Buff just as much as the other way around. Buff was the one that touched the puck! No doubt Buff dropped him, but that happens all the time when players of all sizes try and hit Buff - he just sits them down. Gallagher was doing his usual "hyperactive kid off his meds" routine and Buff sat him down and then he gets up with that stunned look on his face like "what the hell that guy didn't let me get to the puck!? What the hell?? Doesn't he know I'm a sparkplug?? Gimme my puck dammit!!!"

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Mackenzie sounded like a dope on this one. "I didn't like the angle..." brother... :shakehead Some guys jumped the gun and assumed the fact he had a hearing meant he was getting a suspension and they started looking for ways to explain the suspension pre-emptively (Ralphie included :D). I don't even think there was an interference penalty to be called there. Hell, Gallagher interfered with Buff just as much as the other way around. Buff was the one that touched the puck! No doubt Buff dropped him, but that happens all the time when players of all sizes try and hit Buff - he just sits them down. Gallagher was doing his usual "hyperactive kid off his meds" routine and Buff sat him down and then he gets up with that stunned look on his face like "what the hell that guy didn't let me get to the puck!? What the hell?? Doesn't he know I'm a sparkplug?? Gimme my puck dammit!!!"

Yeah Bob was really out to lunch on this one. Surprising to me, but nothing he really said made any sense at all.

Derfel*

"Significantly smaller Gallagher"

"Significantly larger Byfuglien".

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I like the video simply because DOPS is trolling all those [mod] who think that was anything but a regular hit.

Why a hearing though? They thought Byfuglien was gonna come in and say he intended to kill Gallagher? They wanted autographs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
So glad we only have to endure playing in the media ****-storm cities only 1 time/season. Specifically Montreal and NY Rangers. God help us if Toronto ever gets competitive.
I swear their media circus makes such a big deal out of these things that the NHL is convinced it must have missed something. Either that or the NHL wants to get ahead of any "bad" press so it reacts and unnecessarily looks into it.
At the end of the day I'm glad they came to their senses on this one.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Let's get it straight, if it were elbowing to the head, Gally would be out for a long time. That is a big guy that would have crushed his head. He would still be laying there.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I wanted him to get suspended for the Minny hit, but This was a fine hit.

Probably there should not have even been a penalty on the ice.
I assume you mean the Jason PomPom hit.

There was no suspension or announced review because it was optics and angle just like this hit. They would have looked at it and dismissed it as I did upon seeing the other angle with actual contact point and Pom turning his shoulders and reaching to play the puck right after Buff changed his line.
At best it was a bad coincidence.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
So glad we only have to endure playing in the media ****-storm cities only 1 time/season. Specifically Montreal and NY Rangers. God help us if Toronto ever gets competitive.
I swear their media circus makes such a big deal out of these things that the NHL is convinced it must have missed something. Either that or the NHL wants to get ahead of any "bad" press so it reacts and unnecessarily looks into it.
At the end of the day I'm glad they came to their senses on this one.

I was thinking the same thing.

If this happened against the Hurricanes or Panthers would there have been a phone hearing?

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I wanted him to get suspended for the Minny hit, but This was a fine hit.

Probably there should not have even been a penalty on the ice.

I still don't think that hit was more than a minor at most.
How else was Buff supposed to keep him from playing the puck?
If Poms had given up on the puck he wouldn't have got hit to remove him from the play.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I was thinking the same thing.

If this happened against the Hurricanes or Panthers would there have been a phone hearing?

No. But even if there was there definately wouldn't have been a video explanation showing in detail why the hit was legal. Only against NYR, Habs, or Leafs.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
**** the eastern original 6
they can only whine
whiniest whine that ever whined

5 eastern o6 out of 30 teams
last 12 seasons:
1 cup
sorry youre irrelevant and bad

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Be careful what you wish for because right now he is the ONLY defenseman that is creating any kind of offence !!

I think Meyers has contributed, too.

Buff has the offensive skill, but I also think he's been give more opportunities than the other guys. I could be wrong tho!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like the video simply because DOPS is trolling all those [mod] who think that was anything but a regular hit.

Why a hearing though? They thought Byfuglien was gonna come in and say he intended to kill Gallagher? They wanted autographs?

Mostly Optics IMO

Whileee

May 29, 2010

DOPS to Buff: "We saw what you did to that little disturber, and frankly we're okay with it." ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad