GDT: Bufallo Sabres at Ottawa Senators - 630PM - TSN5/RDS2 - Farewell Mister Anderson, farewell.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Anything has a place if it leads to winning.

Then stop watching. Diving and embellishment has been happening in every pro sports and semi pro and amateur.

You play to win the game. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. Yada yada
Sorry, but you’re in the minority. Diving has no place in Hockey, and the players who dive are not liked by their own teammates .

those who think it okay to dive and draw penalties probably also think it’s okay to pull the fire alarming he opponents hotel, the night before a game.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Then stop watching. Diving and embellishment has been happening in every pro sports and semi pro and amateur.

So this is what you want, in the NHL.
1698252555520.gif

1698252672729.gif

1698252628243.gif

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sorry, but you’re in the minority. Diving has no place in Hockey, and the players who dive are not liked by their own teammates .

those who think it okay to dive and draw penalties probably also think it’s okay to pull the fire alarming he opponents hotel, the night before a game.
If you need to pull the fire alarm. You pull the fire alarm

Well it’s the refs choice what they do with those lol. If those led to wins I’m sure everyone was happy

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
No i literally said the exact opposite of this in another thread seconds ago. I do think they need a new coach but there are multi layers to the teams current issues. Its basic hockey to compete for pucks, tie playeres up etc. Players that dont should be benched. The current coach wont do that I think his time is up. Like you I dont think that Dorion should be allowed to choose. The first move should be firing the GM that should have been done the moment Staios came in. I hope it happens by the end of the day. The unfortunate situation with the Bowness family maybe delaying this as they would need someone in an interim transition role and I dont think Ryan is available.
This is the problem I think the team is facing right now. Even if they want to replace DJ Smith, they cannot let Dorion make that decision. So Dorion is the first domino so to speak.
Andlauer is still in the honeymoon phase of ownership. I'm wondering how long that will last as the losses pile up and this cap team with top talent is nowhere close to making the playoffs?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I don't like it. I don't care if it's one of our players.

One of the things I like about hockey is that there isn't as much simulation as there is in football.

It's a tough sport and the athletes generally act accordingly.

When they don't, they are rightly chastised for their behaviour.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't like it. I don't care if it's one of our players.

One of the things I like about hockey is that there isn't as much simulation as there is in football.

It's a tough sport and the athletes generally act accordingly.

When they don't, they are rightly chastised for their behaviour.
I don't like diving, but I do agree with making infractions more "known" through minor embellishment.

If a guy wacks my hand I'm shaking it so they see it, etc.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
This is fair. I don't think anyone is saying we should celebrate moral victories.

I also don't think it's time to panic when we're 3-3 six games into the season.
I agree, it's not time to panic.

But I'm double-checking the in-flight safety card to make sure I know where the PFD and emergency exits are.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
This is fair. I don't think anyone is saying we should celebrate moral victories.

I also don't think it's time to panic when we're 3-3 six games into the season.
Agree with you no time to panic
But record is misleading
We are already out of PO picture right now per points%
We have a really easy home schedule to start the season
Gotta take advantage
Could be too late real fast if not careful

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you need to pull the fire alarm. You pull the fire alarm

Well it’s the refs choice what they do with those lol. If those led to wins I’m sure everyone was happy

The only way to win is with honour…. Diving is not honourable by any measure,

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
3-3 is not time to panic but is not a good start. Even Toronto fans were all over their team before the last games and they are a lock for the playoffs.

being .500 is not that good and would be considered a slow start for a playoff team

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Honour?!?!?! bilicheck isn’t one of the greatest coaches in history because of honour. Jose Mourinho isn’t one of the greatest coaches ever because of honour.

I hate Bill but f*** me if I'm not jealous of Pats fans getting to be dominant for a decade and win a million ships.

Winning is the only thing that matters.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Del zotto commenting on us not letting forsberg know he wasn’t playing the third.

We’re so funny.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Honour?!?!?! bilicheck isn’t one of the greatest coaches in history because of honour. Jose Mourinho isn’t one of the greatest coaches ever because of honour.

One of Melynk’s biggest shills going on about acting with honour… I don’t know if you want to call it baiting or trolling but I’d just ignore it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No one is joining you in your support of diving, in the NHL, as a strategy to win.

Next thing you’ll be in favour of, is fans using laser pointers…. You’ve already voiced your support for pulling fire alarms.

The first rule, when digging yourself into a hole, is to stop digging.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No one is joining you in your support of diving, in the NHL, as a strategy to win.

Next thing you’ll be in favour of, is fans using laser pointers…. You’ve already voiced your support for pulling fire alarms.

The first rule, when digging yourself into a hole, is to stop digging.
Yeah I don’t need anyone to support me in saying we need to win.

If you guaranteed me a laser pointer would win us a cup game 7 OT. I would use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad