GDT: BUF @ WIN 8pm TV:MSG, NHL Network Radio:WGR - Guess who's back...

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The last two games I agree, sure they get my vitriol.

But I'll stand up for them every single time they lose a game like this.

Sorry man, but I think too many people can't compartmentalize the season and individual games for what they are and decide to carry around the last 20 years of jaded fandom. This was a good game and entertaining as hell, and those guys left it all on the ice. I got nothing but respect for them tonight.

Now, I'm off to drink some bourbon while I mutter profanities at NHL referees. All of them...
I can't be objective about much right now. It's felt like 15 years of a waste of time caring.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Anyone heard from Adams lately? @Ace ? Bueller? Anyone?

Not expecting him to make any season-saving moves, but an honest assessment of where the team is at and where they're headed would be appropriate given their record thus far.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I need a win 😁
1700279673320.png

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot and Beerz

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The last two games I agree, sure they get my vitriol.

But I'll stand up for them every single time they lose a game like this.

Sorry man, but I think too many people can't compartmentalize the season and individual games for what they are and decide to carry around the last 20 years of jaded fandom. This was a good game and entertaining as hell, and those guys left it all on the ice. I got nothing but respect for them tonight.

Now, I'm off to drink some bourbon while I mutter profanities at NHL referees. All of them...
Coulda shoulda woulda had a better result. Yet here we are. Again.

I'm not giving up on this season, but it's been frustrating as hell.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg

Analytics match the eyes, Dahlin with a stupid good game

He should get the C. after this season, He is the engine on this team and drives up the energy of the rest of the guys when he is up to it. sadly has too many off nights this season in particular. The captaincy gives him more responsibility and no place to hide.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Only the team is anywhere near .500 was a huge amount of luck that saw several wins in games we had no business winning. If they played this way in the prior 16 games they wouldn't be near the bottom of the standings right now.

Reactions: JLewyB

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone heard from Adams lately? @Ace ? Bueller? Anyone?

Not expecting him to make any season-saving moves, but an honest assessment of where the team is at and where they're headed would be appropriate given their record thus far.
I’m fine with him letting Granato sink as long as they move on from him In the end.

That fact that there has been no attempt to change the PP is damning and should be enough at this point.

even that is too much change for them. There is no organizational standard. So there is no pressure on anyone.

They can’t even pick two goalies. How are they going to handle anything?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
In life, couldn't be better.

In terms of the Sabres, as miserable as I've ever been. -1/10. Feels hopeless. No playoffs. No plan. Nothing working. All the hyperboles. True or not. They can't win hockey games, and when they do, it's not fun to watch right now.
That’s good to hear.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I’m fine with him letting Granato sink as long as they move on from him In the end.

That fact that there has been no attempt to change the PP is damning and should be enough at this point.

even that is too much change for them. There is no organizational standard. So there is no pressure on anyone.

They can’t even pick two goalies. How are they going to handle anything?
Thinking that's a "no".

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I hope Kreuger haunts Skinner's dreams tonight after this performance. Too many dumb offensive plays to count. Keep it simple, bro.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
We boycotting GBU threads until this team wins again?

I mean, we'll be saving a lot of space on HF board's servers that way for sure.
I'm happy to reduce wear and tear on @Chainshot . It's probably going to be a loooong, annoying season.

We can still squawk in here. Make a GBU post if you like.

Refs obviously feared for the lives of the 3 Jets, tangling with noted veteran NHL tough guy Benson.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I hope Kreuger haunts Skinner's dreams tonight after this performance. Too many dumb offensive plays to count. Keep it simple, bro.
Well put.

He needs to stay in his lane as a chaos agent who shoots first and from almost anywhere. He doesn’t need to keep trying to show he can be a passer too. Once in a while is ok but not more.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
This team is reactive instead of active, up's the energy when they are behind a couple of goals. when was the last time they started on the front foot. Just like the GM and the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad