Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres re-sign Rasmus Dahlin (3 years, $6M AAV)

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Advanced Statistics. The stats are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the stats will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also JFresh's' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his charts - his personal syle draws heavily from dom at the athletic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these stats, to realise that they're not just genius- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Advanced Stats truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the info in JFresh's existential chart posting which itself is a cryptic reference to Datsyuk's Russian epic CF%. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Advanced Stats genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

online hockey discourse, 2014: *in unison, in the cadence of the Full Metal Jacket "this is my rifle" response to drill sargeant* if your corsi is bad you are bad. not just at hockey, but as a person. you are a bad human being, and will be treated as such.

2018: there are a lot of things about hockey that we can't necessarily quantify, so maybe there's some nuance to the analysis. however, using my model, we can eliminate the noise and....

2022: if your expected goals for percentage is bad you are bad. not just at hockey, but as a person. you are a bad human being, and will be treated as such.

Reactions: Beerz

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Advanced Statistics. The stats are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the stats will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also JFresh's' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his charts - his personal syle draws heavily from dom at the athletic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these stats, to realise that they're not just genius- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Advanced Stats truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the info in JFresh's existential chart posting which itself is a cryptic reference to Datsyuk's Russian epic CF%. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Advanced Stats genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
I feel seen 🤣

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
JFresh is an idiot fwiw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad