Claimed off Waivers: [BUF] Sabres claim F Tyson Jost off waivers from the Wild

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I'd take him on the Sens to replace Josh Norris. I see people saying that Jost isn't much of a player, and I get that, but he couldn't possibly be worse than Derick Brassard.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wow well I’ll have to eat crow on nobody touching him with a 10’ pole.

Hopefully Jost can carve out a niche role but don’t expect much Sabres fans.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What an odd claim for Buffalo. They already have a problem getting everyone into games at forward. Needed defense desperately due to injury and roster construction…but let Reilly just go by last time.

Probably to replace Sheahan as #4C?
The thing is Sheahan is only playing because Girgensons and Okposo are out. Neither is long term.

I don’t know who he’s replacing. Unless they’re gearing up to finally trade forwards for defense.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What an odd claim for Buffalo. They already have a problem getting everyone into games at forward. Needed defense desperately due to injury and roster construction…but let Reilly just go by last time.

The thing is Sheahan is only playing because Girgensons and Okposo are out. Neither is long term.

I don’t know who he’s replacing. Unless they’re gearing up to finally trade forwards for defense.

I guess they could be using him as an injury replacement for now, while planning to waive him again if/when Buffalo's forwards get healthy.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
I guess they could be using him as an injury replacement for now, while planning to waive him again if/when Buffalo's forwards get healthy.
Or they can trade another replacement level forward for a replacement level D without draining out the Amerks ? Or they are tanking again ha ha

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Not surprised he was claimed... Hopefully he can figure things out in Buffalo or else he will be packing his bags again soon

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah I guess.

Maybe they think they can mold him into a 4th line replacement for those guys on expiring deals after this year. I just know I’m going to get real angry when the sitting rotation starts and better, younger, guys are being sat.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Really, BUF? That is like the last team I figured, they have young forwards galore.

They have a depth issue at the AHL level that likely needs Sheahan back from the big club - their top 2 centers on Rochester are both hurt and judging by how the one went down last night, I don't know if he's going to be able to play for a long, long time. So they get to try on a replacement, depth guy and if it doesn't work, they waive him down to Rochester at which point Minny puts him in Iowa if they haven't already used up the cap space.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Sabres picking up Jost and taking a shot on a stuggling younger forward gives them the option of sending a kid or two back down to Roch for more seasoning. I know Quinn has been really up and down right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad