Claimed off Waivers: [BUF] Sabres claim F Tyson Jost off waivers from the Wild

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
barely an NHL player at this point but i could see him succeed somewhere in europe

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Guy looked really good as a prospect. Thought he’d be a for sure quality 3rd line C even if his offense potential wasn’t that high.

Turns out the offense is non existent and the two way play isn’t great enough to put weigh that

Reactions: mouser

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Sens bite? 2M RFA. Bunch of Nodak kids already on the roster. Losing Norris for a big chunk of the season. Low risk / high reward. Not like there's that much accountability anyways in the roster right now lol

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A team toward the bottom of the league might claim him, but he's not worth his salary. It's a shame because he seems like a good person, but he just hasn't fit anywhere in the lineup. It also doesn't help him that we have nobody on offense for him to mesh with, and we have like 10 other bottom six type guys he's competing with.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Hope he figures it out. Seems like a good dude. Just seems average at everything...and definitely doesn't have the engine/physicality for a bottom 6 role...and not enough offensive talent for top 6. Maybe he can find it elsewhere.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Sens bite? 2M RFA. Bunch of Nodak kids already on the roster. Losing Norris for a big chunk of the season. Low risk / high reward. Not like there's that much accountability anyways in the roster right now lol
The privilege of eventually sending him to the AHL yourself, and watch him not get claimed while paying him 2M salary? Is that the high reward you have in mind?

My guess is he will clear. He could improve some teams 4th line, and 2M doesn't seem like too much, but 2M on the 4th line is 1.25M too much.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Not sure what has happened to his development.

He absoloutely killed the BCHL along with Fabbro. He had like 100+ points in 50 games.

Then he was really good as a Freshman on a stacked North Dakota team that just had won the NCAA Championship. That team had Boeser and a few other future NHLER.

He stalled somewhere after.

Sad to see. Hopefully he can change his game into something vulable like a checker or PKer and carve out an NHL career that way.

Reactions: CanuckCity

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure what has happened to his development.

He absoloutely killed the BCHL along with Fabbro. He had like 100+ points in 50 games.

Then he was really good as a Freshman on a stacked North Dakota team that just had won the NCAA Championship. That team had Boeser and a few other future NHLER.

He stalled somewhere after.

Sad to see. Hopefully he can change his game into something vulable like a checker or PKer and carve out an NHL career that way.

I tend to believe that most top six offensive players will figure it out or not, independently of where they play in which year of development. And bottom six players usually know sooner rather than later that they're destined for the bottom six. But Jost probably should have spent another year in college and at least one fully year in the AHL, and he probably would have become a serviceable middle six offensive player.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
The cap hit alone makes me think he will clear waivers now, and then be traded in a change of scenery type deal later. That said can I interest you in one slightly used Riley Stillman?

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
my guess is he will get traded for someone with a similar cap hit. Maybe Puljujarvi, Kapanen, Mike Reilly?

Reactions: Nevins

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe you didn’t but some others thought so.

You'll have to dig up those posts for me, because reading through the Wild board threads about him, most people were anywhere from neutral to "why did we just do this" about the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad