Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Dylan Cozens signs extension with the Sabres (7 years, $7.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Would Meier fit in Buffalos long term plans ?
Dahlin , Power , Quinn , JJ , Krebs , UPL , Tuch , all will deserve getting paid.
That’s an amazing core . I’m guessing they could let Olofsson walk if they go the Meier route instead.
I dont know the team and cap situation enough to say if Meier would be a good fit and be able to fit as a core piece and makes the team better than adding say a #3 #4 D man and better bottom 6 forwards or ?
What are Sabres fans thoughts?
Id say they have tons of scoring forwards, can score more than enough , and gettig a stud D core would be preferred ? But then again , I’m very biased as I want Meier on my Devils so I’m trying to convince myself that he isn’t a perfect fit in Buffalo lol.
They will need their ELC / cost controlled guys so dont trade them for Meier ! Fingers crossed

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Dahlin , Power , Quinn , JJ , Krebs , UPL , Tuch , all will deserve getting paid.
That’s an amazing core . I’m guessing they could let Olofsson walk if they go the Meier route instead.
I dont know the team and cap situation enough to say if Meier would be a good fit and be able to fit as a core piece and makes the team better than adding say a #3 #4 D man and better bottom 6 forwards or ?
Id say they have tons of scoring forwards, can score more than enough , and gettig a stud D core would be preferred ? But then again , I’m very biased as I want Meier on my Devils so I’m trying to convince myself that he isn’t a perfect fit in Buffalo lol.
They will need their ELC / cost controlled guys so dont trade them for Meier ! Fingers crossed
I don't think the Sabres are going to have one of their core guys actively take less than Tage, then trade for Meier and hand him an 8 year deal for 9 million per. Not Adams MO.

But I do think Meier would be a great fit, we would love to have a Tuch clone.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

That’s been a debate on our boards.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Rip, okay even still.

Say UPL comes in at 6x6 or 5x5 next contract and Dahlin comes in it 8.5-9

Under 30 million for your core is still outstanding work and should set the Sabres up to contend in the near future.
2C, 1D, and 1G will never be under $25M when they are on long contracts. Exception they were late bloomers after signing a long contract.

At this time I don’t see UPL getting such a contract. If thry sign Levi, I see UPL next contract being something like 1 yrs for $4M and have an open competition for starter In 24/25. With Levi innthe PTOs line thry aren’t doing a long contract

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Meier would be a perfect fit. A forward like that that drives possession and plays a 200ft game probably improves our team defense more than any actual defenseman. And yes we can fit him

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I just realized Dahlin is signed THROUGH next year. So the earliest they can re-sign him would be this summer after july 1? If he's smart he would wait until the season starts and he's putting up another 100 pojnt pace season.

The Jeff Skinner that's on a 90 point 35 goal pace right now? Just wanna make sure we are talking about the same Jeff Skinner.
Lol no the one that put up 100 points in 192 games in the 3 years following his 8 year, $72 million dollar deal. Were talking about that Jeff Skinner right?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Dahlin has one more year at 6 but will get his big extension this off-season. Power is likely to be handed a deal similar to this to see if he will bite on it. Good chance they’ll have their core players locked up through their primes by opening night.

Hopefully with that cap certainty for the next 7 years locked down they’ll choose to actively improve the parts of the roster that need attention. Both with the additions…and the subtractions.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lol no the one that put up 100 points in 192 games in the 3 years following his 8 year, $72 million dollar deal. Were talking about that Jeff Skinner right?
If you want to talk about Jeff Skinner under Krueger feel free. But I don’t think he’s coming back to put him on the 4th line and bury him in the media. The player Skinner was before and after Krueger is the one you should probably talk about

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Why do we care today about what Skinner did in 2019?

Skinner is a 35 goal, 65 point or so player who’s having a terrific year. That’s worth like $7 million in free agency. He’s overpaid but not egregiously so.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Seems ok for now, definitely a bit of a gamble but if he turns into a consistent 75-80 point player then it paid off.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You should considering its one of the worst signings in the league
It was when he was buried on the 4th line with Kruger ... its not a good contract but it's not horrible to be getting 35 plus goals a year for a 9 mill player.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Kinda crazy how the Sabres started getting good the moment they started giving out these contracts instead of bridging their young guys right to free agency. Guess it works.
Getting good is being 10th in playoff positioning? I feel for you guys and the terrible seasons you had to endure. wow

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm not going to trade snark, I'm going to answer this seriously as an unbiased Sabres fan - Krueger ruined the team and killed Skinner's production. It is almost entirely a Krueger issue and not a Skinner issue. Yes, 9 mil is high but he is not a cap anchor for what he brings under a competent HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad