Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Dylan Cozens signs extension with the Sabres (7 years, $7.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Really interested to see what Dahlin pulls in. How about 8 years X9 per? That allowed? I'd probly guess the under on that too.

Cozens doesn't turn 22 until the start of next season. Talk about room to grow into an over PPG player even by then.

Dahlin gets over $10 million on his extension if it’s 8 years for sure. Makar got 6 years and $9 million a year coming off his ELC. You’re probably looking at $11 million over 8 years if I had to guess.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The benefit of having your young players show out early and getting those RFA years in there on the long deal.
Makes cap management much easier than having to lock up the core closer to UFA.

Really excited and happy for Sabres fans.
[whispers] go get Chychrun

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Really interested to see what Dahlin pulls in. How about 8 years X9 per? That allowed? I'd probly guess the under on that too.

Cozens doesn't turn 22 until the start of next season. Talk about room to grow into an over PPG player even by then.

HF servers are gonna crash when he signs. If he signs cheap, out come “Fox, Makar, etc. >> Dahlin confirmed”. If he signs for more than them it becomes “but Fox, Makar etc. >> Dahlin though”.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Or he's going to see his friends all taking a bit less and he takes a bit less too. That also seems like something Dahlin might do.
I just realized Dahlin is signed THROUGH next year. So the earliest they can re-sign him would be this summer after july 1? If he's smart he would wait until the season starts and he's putting up another 100 pojnt pace season.

It can also burn you pretty bad…

See Buffalo Sabres - Jeff Skinner
The Jeff Skinner that's on a 90 point 35 goal pace right now? Just wanna make sure we are talking about the same Jeff Skinner.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It will be interesting to see if Adams can keep the young core under the Thompson cap hit as he locks them up long term...
There's 0 chance Dahlin signs for less the Thompson.
Cozens deal is great tho ;)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
There's 0 chance Dahlin signs for less the Thompson.
Cozens deal is great tho ;)
I won't count on it, but I think there is a greater than 0% chance that it happens.

If Thompson is a Hart finalist and Dahlin ends up outside the top 3 in Norris voting, it does help Adams in an attempt to re-sign Dahlin long term at a lower number.

Personally, I am hoping for less than $10M AAV. But, we shall see.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I personally prefer doing long contracts like this at 23-25 taking the player to 30-32. I don’t like having contracts end when they are 28-29 thrn you give them long contracts fir declining years. Fir those who start ELC in their teens get bridges.

Reactions: PromisedLand

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Havent watched the Sabres much. Other poster said he's emerging as a starter. I gave long term starter contracts. I was praising the sabres cap management.
He’s way too inconsistent to have earned that yet. Maybe after some sort of bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad