Confirmed Trade: [BUF/CHI] Alex Nylander for Henri Jokiharju

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Looks the same as when it happened, great for the Sabres, bad for the Hawks. Have been trying to see the positives with Nylander, but he just isn’t progressing. And the Hawks D could desperately use Joki right now.

This is not really accurate. Nylander has been good overall and to say he has not progressing is completely inaccurate. His stat line is a little deceiving as he has played with Toews and Saad a lot and they both have not finished well. Toews has been garbage 75% of the time. Nylander has been solid defensively and has shown a good habit of creating turnovers. He has played hard. His corsi is 47.72% but he has really started to drive possession of late. He has made his share of rookie mistakes but that is to be expected. This is a trade is a win for the Sabres but it is not a loss for the Hawks.

Neither his attitude or effort have been an issue here in Chicago.

Joker is a good D man and will continue to be.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Joker was great, this is probably best deal Botterill during all this time.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Early returns show Buffalo getting some value out of this trade, but it's just that: early.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I wish we could have given Joker a real chance under Colliton. Once you are in Q's doghouse, you don't get out.

That said, Nylander has actually been pretty good.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Nylander has shown massive strides from a guy who was struggling in the AHL. I see late bloomer written all over him and he's in a good spot to develop. Joker as of now but I think it was a fair trade.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wish we could have given Joker a real chance under Colliton. Once you are in Q's doghouse, you don't get out.

?

Q loved Joker

Do you mean once your in JC's doghouse you dont get out?

And Nylander has been underwhelming though his coach isn't helping him at this point

Deal looked dreadful at time and looks worse now

Reactions: LDF

saluki

Nov 18, 2017

These are the kind of posts I can't comprehend.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Jokiharju is probably the Sabres best Dman this year and looks like a true future 2D man with Dahlin. I always like Nylander from a Buffalo perspective but I’m super pleased with the gamble Botterill took in acquiring Henri. His goal last night was one of the prettiest booms from the blue line I’ve seen in some time.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Jokiharju is probably the Sabres best Dman this year and looks like a true future 2D man with Dahlin. I always like Nylander from a Buffalo perspective but I’m super pleased with the gamble Botterill took in acquiring Henri. His goal last night was one of the prettiest booms from the blue line I’ve seen in some time.

Had some doubts but Nylander doesn’t look like much still and Joki looks like a serious #2 or #3 guy. My question as a Sabres fan is why we never draft guys this good at 29 spot

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i always thought joker would be a #2 d-man or at worst a solid #3.

nylander is a waste.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
?

Q loved Joker

Do you mean once your in JC's doghouse you dont get out?

And Nylander has been underwhelming though his coach isn't helping him at this point

Deal looked dreadful at time and looks worse now
nylander is like fools gold, he has pedigree, the retrospection of line 1 skill when in reality he is a line 4 or at best a weak line 3.

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
Henri was an animal with Portland. Kid lives in the gym, goes about his business, and is going to continue to thrive in the NHL.

JC has rubbed me the wrong way during year 2 of his tenure... you don't hold a "player's coach" aura and then throw your players (mainly Seabrook) under the bus publicly.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
i always thought joker would be a #2 d-man or at worst a solid #3.

nylander is a waste.
Way to premature to call Nylander a waste. But it would appear people are split on his potential.
Hmmmm should we have been more patient with Duclair ... ?

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Way to premature to call Nylander a waste. But it would appear people are split on his potential.
Hmmmm should we have been more patient with Duclair ... ?
i never like the joker - nylander trade and i called then.

it wasn't till later i heard of joker winding up in JC doghouse.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Had some doubts but Nylander doesn’t look like much still and Joki looks like a serious #2 or #3 guy. My question as a Sabres fan is why we never draft guys this good at 29 spot
I love me some Joker but Nylander has been solid.

Joker IS going to be a number two only because of who's in front of him. No questions.

But....I seriously see a good upside in Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad