SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
giphy.gif

Sabres actual top 3 D: Reinhart-Reinhart / Reinhart-X

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think you guys will enjoy Montour a lot.... sad to see him go... was 1 of my favorite players on the team... Management/coaching never seemed to want to free him off his leash to play to his potential. Im not exactly shocked he was the guy moved(team loves fowler, and I think contract negotiations were a bit pricey from our perspective). But im happy he went to buffalo and not somewhere like Toronto :P.

Hes been solid throughout his career, but I think there is still another level or 2 to his game(specially offensively)… has a great shot when he uses it, great skating... loves to play aggressive/ hold the zone, or jump into the play from the back end. Has a bit of edginess/snarl to his game(not really a fighter more irritant)… not the biggest guy but will go in to the boards, and battle for the front of the net and loose pucks. He oozes confidence, which I think was part of his downfall in Anaheim, the system really wasn't built for a player like Montour.... but a team with some high end offense talent should be a place where Montour excels.

I think hes more of a #2/#3 guy over a #1, I imagine his offensive #'s will be much better than what he was doing in Anaheim.... I think he can hit 50-60 points at some point in buffalo..... should be a very solid complimentary player for the group/core you guys have already. He was our best player in the playoffs last year, hopefully he can help you guys grab a wild card spot this year.

Hell likely be a fan favorite for you guys by the end of the year... fun player to watch, always smiling and have a good time... he seems to be a guy that still sees hockey as a hobby/fun. Also a very good lacrosse player

Last edited:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Put me in the camp that was also starting to wonder if Guhle is going to be an NHLer. Borgen had passed him on my depth chart, so I'm more than willing to give up a late 1st to upgrade Guhle to Montour. Guhle looked totally lost when he came up this year. Montour seemed to stall a bit this year under Carlyle but he is a tremendous transition player and his puck carrying abilities are elite for a defenseman. If the name of the game continues to be speed and skill, we just made a great move. Montour was great in the playoffs last year, probably the only Duck you could say that about.

All that said - Keep Risto please. If he goes then we are right back to where we were two days ago in terms of the RD situation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He’s a perfect number 2 C, he doesn’t have a ton of miles on his body, is still realatively young and can dish the puck. If you can get him on a 4-5 year deal I think Buffalo is interested.

Oh, I thought he'd said something new.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He’s a perfect number 2 C, he doesn’t have a ton of miles on his body, is still realatively young and can dish the puck. If you can get him on a 4-5 year deal I think Buffalo is interested.

Isn't Hayes an Eichel workout buddy as well?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

That was my point earlier in the season to make a bid for him in trade and make the bold move of signing him to an extension before he goes to market. But... that isn't Botterill's MO.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Kevin Hayes is the type of guy who likely hasn’t hit his peak yet, I think he’s still improving. I see him as a 60+ point centre easily the next few years. He’s my target in UFA.

Reactions: Reddawg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jack Eichel Explains Why He Worked Out With Bruins Stars In Boston This Summer

Believe or not, many athletes train with players from other teams during the offseason, as everyone has the same goal of improving their conditioning and skill. Buffalo Sabres forward Jack Eichel is no different: In the past, the former Boston University star had trained with players like Keith Yandle, Jimmy and Kevin Hayes and Noah Hanifin — who played at BU’s rival, Boston College — at a facility in Foxboro, Mass.

Read more at: Jack Eichel Explains Why He Worked Out With Bruins Stars In Boston This Summer

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad