Confirmed with Link: BUF-ANA Montour for a non-Buf 1st and Guhle

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It scares me that we might have 2 ristos now instead of one

Just a gut reaction, I dont watch much Ducks hockey, very excited to see him in action tomorrow
Oh I agree, but not because of his comments

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
It scares me that we might have 2 ristos now instead of one

Just a gut reaction, I dont watch much Ducks hockey, very excited to see him in action tomorrow

I think a lot of his bad analytics the past two seasons can be applied to a bad team that he’s a part of, as well as randy Carlyle’s coaching, where analytics go to die.

I expect Montour to fit in the system well.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think a lot of his bad analytics the past two seasons can be applied to a bad team that he’s a part of, as well as randy Carlyle’s coaching, where analytics go to die.

I expect Montour to fit in the system well.
People keep saying this but he was rough statistically compared to his team

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
People keep saying this but he was rough statistically compared to his team
I saw some charts where he was better than Lindholm

But yeah an offensive puck rushing D is not going to do well in a Carlyle system. Even then, his zone entry/exit analytics are elite.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Monty's defensive game ain't bad at all. I'd say his biggest issue is more awareness related which I'd expect him to keep developing because he hasnt played at a high level too long. He battles hard in front of the net and his speed is excellent so he can stay with forwards 1v1. I am really rooting for him. On the offensive side he has enormous potential but really needs the right coach to teach him the nuances of how and when to attack as a d.

Reactions: Chainshot

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I wouldn’t read too much into what this bracer guy is saying. Just check out his post history.

He may be right, who knows. But the Dude seems bitter as hell Montour was traded. I think he posted that no brain comment about 75 times... lol

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Montour strikes me as a guy who will only excell on teams significantly better than their opposition - but who will struggle on sides who have to fight for every single win.

Guess which one Buffalo (sadly) is.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Montour strikes me as a guy who will only excell on teams significantly better than their opposition - but who will struggle on sides who have to fight for every single win.

Guess which one Buffalo (sadly) is.

That describes basically every not elite player in the NHL

Reactions: Rasmi

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Does anyone remember his last game against buffalo while with the ducks? Huge plays in both the negative and positive columns. Some amazing plays, some glaring mistakes...just like Risto. Not that he plays anything like Risto...

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Monty has looked great these first few games. Been one of our best players.

I'm impressed by his discipline. Been 2-3 situations where the puck transitioned and thought there might be an odd man rush going back in our direction, but he had the foresight to hang back and not pinch up, so it fizzled.

I think we got a good one.

Reactions: Reddawg

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
First impression after watching Montour for a few games...

He's ok.... not horrible but nothing special either.

Not sure I'd spend a 1st plus a prospect on him.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

Multiple points, great transition plays, power play help, nice defensive stick work, and a RHD. I’d say I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far and think he’s a big part of our top 4 moving forward.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
As a ducks fan, i was very sorry to see him go. The things he does good, you cant train and not many can do it. With the right partner and some coaching/growth in the defensive zone, I think he is a top pairing player. I hope he does well with you.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I feel the same. I would have rather traded those assets for a centre like Henrique.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
That describes basically every not elite player in the NHL

Not true.

Most players in the NHL can of course do good regardless which team they are on.

Of course it's easier to look good with a great supporting cast, but your statement is still wrong - looking at what I actually said. :)

Some players need a great supporting cast to do well. Some even do better paired with lesser players, for instance Crosby and even our own Skinner, from his Carolina years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad