OT: Buds Board Keeper League - need Dallas GM

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Completely agree.

I like the thought of giving us the choice to value draft picks or players, I know I have traded away picks knowing I can only protect 7 of them regardless, whats my incentive to horde picks?:S

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
I understand what you guys are saying.. but this is a long-term keepers league.. not a one night stand with your best-friends mom.

If you're going to get bored already then you probably shouldn't be in a league that's going to have a lot of down time over the years.

It's kind've hard to change the dispersal draft format now as it would be unfair for a guy like AlMo. He thinks he has 12 hours to logon and make his pick.

Wish you guys would've voiced your concerns before the thing started, because you're all making good points.

I'm going to be out tonight for a few hours, so if you're serious about changing this up talk to Starpainter. He may be more willing than I am to do a massive format change in the middle of a draft.

MSP4LYFE*

I like the thought of giving us the choice to value draft picks or players, I know I have traded away picks knowing I can only protect 7 of them regardless, whats my incentive to horde picks?:S

Exactly, this is something that really needs to be ironed out as far as I'm concerned.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
IMO, I think the trade freeze is what is grinding people's gears because it seems like everybody went from complete activity to nothing.

If we can ONLY trade protected players and Entry Draft Picks, that would still create a lot of movement and activity instead of waiting what could potentially be a week to make 1 dispersal draft pick.

MSP4LYFE*

IMO, I think the trade freeze is what is grinding people's gears because it seems like everybody went from complete activity to nothing.

If we can ONLY trade protected players and Entry Draft Picks, that would still create a lot of movement and activity instead of waiting what could potentially be a week to make 1 dispersal draft pick.

I am in favour of this ^

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
There will be a complete lifting of the trade freeze. Keep in mind that any unprotected player you had on your roster is now no longer your property and cannot be traded.

We absolutely cannot change the format of the waiver draft because several teams have already made trades involved around that particular draft. It will proceed for the full 10 rounds until completion. However, after the first round of the draft, instead of 12 hours, you will have only ONE hour to make your next selection or your choice is forfeit.

The BBKL Entry Draft will be held early next week.
Start the trades back up, folks.

Number13

May 21, 2007
OK, I just selected on the waiver draft, I just got home from work and was never informed that the wait time was changed.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
OK, I just selected on the waiver draft, I just got home from work and was never informed that the wait time was changed.

I think we did it wrong...i'm pretty sure its a 12 hour wait, not 1 hour..if so its my fault..i PM'ed you.

That being said...i'm leaving my pick and the 2 guys in front of me can draft...if one takes my pick i'll change it..i'm sure thats OK

Number13

May 21, 2007
I think we did it wrong...i'm pretty sure its a 12 hour wait, not 1 hour..if so its my fault..i PM'ed you.

That being said...i'm leaving my pick and the 2 guys in front of me can draft...if one takes my pick i'll change it..i'm sure thats OK

OK, that's what I thought. I guess we're palying the waiting game now...

MSP4LYFE*

Alexander Ovechkin Can Be Had:

I am wlling to trade Alexander Ovechkin, but I dont want any BS offers, I'm letting it be known right now, that if you really want him this is the starting point:

Elite Winger/Centerman + Young Player + Top prospect + First rounder

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
Alright in an effort to keep this thing moving along as quick as possible, I've just sent my list over to Ryan/Starpainter. I suggest everyone else does the same, I'm sure we can trust them!!?

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
sweet just picked up Shawn Lalonde.
steal imo.

Damn straight - would have protected him if my team wasn't so awesome already.

People were offering me only 9-10th round picks in waiver draft for him. All I wanted was a 7th!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad