OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cash managed both the lcs and the WS about as badly as possible, from lineup decisions to pulling dominant pitchers early. It was going to be tough to beat the Dodgers regardless, but I believe Snell could've taken them there tonight and then who knows. Cash needs to go and soon, because the Rays have the talent to win a WS but not with this level of management.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
l_942.jpg

Reactions: Dr Black

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I’m not sure what was a worse move:

Pulling Snell out early - who was lights out.

Or the MLB knowing a player tested positive in the 2nd inning and the Dodgers keeping him out there til the 7th. So much for that safety thing :help:

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
If I'm Snell I'm asking for a trade and I don't think that's going too far.

What kind of player is going to be content with what transpired tonight? You're dominating, your pitch count is completely under control, and you get pulled for a guy who has give up a run in six, now seven, straight innings?

This is the single worst decision I've seen in my life when it comes to sports. They didn't even make LA chase Snell, Cash decided he'd do them a favor and pull him early. I've never seen anything like it, Cash needs to be sent packing, you can't allow that to go unpunished.

These quotes are incredible, I have no doubt LA was completely shocked Cash made it so easy for them.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts acknowledged that he was glad Snell was pulled, adding that Betts even looked over at him and smiled.

"I was pretty happy because he was dominating us, and we just weren't seeing him," Roberts said. "We were all kind of excited that Snell was out of the game."

Betts said it Snell's removal from the game brought about a "sigh of relief" from the team, and Seager said it "uplifted" the offense.

Reactions: J T Money

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Screw the analytics, go with the hot hand. Snell was fantastic and visibly upset when pulled
You name says it all. Management by Cash is a Gong Show. Many times he should have pulled a pitcher, didn't, and got lucky and the pitcher got out of a jam. What is the pitching coach there for? He should be able to tell if the pitcher has his stuff or not. How many times does Anderson have to crap the bed before you bench him. That bum shouldn't have even been on the roster.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
I understand the value of analytics as a tool in the toolbox. BUT not something to stubbornly lazar focus no matter what! In this case, Snell was as hot as a firecracker. He was having the game of his life and had so much left in the tank. To ignore that reality for the sake of sticking to an abstract concept of analytics is mind-boggling!

Sure enough, this ill-advised decision took the air out of the Rays and gave life and momentum to the Dodgers. Very rarely does a coach or manager ever deserve to be fired after losing in the championship final. But in this case, I'd be tempted to make an exception.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Did Leftwich prepare for this game at all? This is totally on him. You can't go 3 and out and give Brees a short field four times in a row.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Did Leftwich prepare for this game at all? This is totally on him. You can't go 3 and out and give Brees a short field four times in a row.
Interesting gameplans. Don't blitz Brees and give him all day to throw and meanwhile don't run the ball on offense.

Reactions: Hoek

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As a HUGE Brady fan, im glad he showed up this week after that bad NO loss, looked great yesterday. I've enjoyed watching the Buccs (and Pats) this season

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad