OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bucs continue to fire on all cylinders. Offense and defense, wow.

I think with Tom Brady the expectations naturally rose but I wasn't expecting to get to super bowl winner contender this year at least. Was at the very least hoping for playoffs. With Brady there is always a chance at super bowl contention but being a tampa fan I feel like took a little away from that until they've really come on over the last few games and really look tough. Still too early to say but playoffs definitely are the floor expectation of what we should see and for me that would make me happy and anything after that is icing on the cake.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The more I take time to think about it the more I think this was a natural consequence/bound to happen process for the Bucs. It was a perfect storm. Hear me out

1. Ungodly amount of talent stacked through the lineup for years and years now. This was a 10 win team at worst last season.
2. Stacked team can't get over the hump and by 2020 is filled with guys so sick of losing they'll do just about anything to win-Thanks Jameis
3. You hire a coach that would probably show up in a Hawaiian shirt with his chest hairs poking out at a ballgame and that still wouldn't fully encapsulate how little this man gives a f*** about anything.
4. All said coach cares about is winning ballgames. Period.
5. A QB who is pathologically obsessed with winning is on the market. He HAS TO have it and goes nuts if he doesn't. 6 rings still ain't enough for this cat. His name is Tom Brady

So now you have an insanely talented team that's sick of losing that's being coached by a laid back cancer survivor who doesn't care how it gets done. Yeah.... if you're Tom Brady this makes more sense than anything in your life.

No wonder we're 5-2 and no wonder everyone is so bought in.

I know I'm saying this lightheartedly but I'm being serious. At this point I'm comfortable with predicting an 11-5 record at worst

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The more I take time to think about it the more I think this was a natural consequence/bound to happen process for the Bucs. It was a perfect storm. Hear me out

1. Ungodly amount of talent stacked through the lineup for years and years now. This was a 10 win team at worst last season.
2. Stacked team can't get over the hump and by 2020 is filled with guys so sick of losing they'll do just about anything to win-Thanks Jameis
3. You hire a coach that would probably show up in a Hawaiian shirt with his chest hairs poking out at a ballgame and that still wouldn't fully encapsulate how little this man gives a f*** about anything.
4. All said coach cares about is winning ballgames. Period.
5. A QB who is pathologically obsessed with winning is on the market. He HAS TO have it and goes nuts if he doesn't. 6 rings still ain't enough for this cat. His name is Tom Brady

So now you have an insanely talented team that's sick of losing that's being coached by a laid back cancer survivor who doesn't care how it gets done. Yeah.... if you're Tom Brady this makes more sense than anything in your life.

No wonder we're 5-2 and no wonder everyone is so bought in.

I know I'm saying this lightheartedly but I'm being serious. At this point I'm comfortable with predicting an 11-5 record at worst

I didnt think tom would sign with us mostly because we can't have nice things but I did think we were an excellent fit for him. Weapons all over the offense and a stingy d. I remember people saying no way tampa gets him and I was saying I agree but if he did decide to leave NE that Tampa would be in the mix. I mostly didn't think he would ever leave NE. They would find a way to make it work. Happy to be oh so wrong about that.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
f*** you Kevin Cash. So rarely do you see a fireable offense of such magnitude.
Never can understand why managers keep bringing in a pitcher who is obviously crap. The idiot Craig Counsell blew a World Series for the Brewers because he insisted on bringing in a waste instead of Hader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad