OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Steinbrenner isn't gonna work unless you tear the whole thing down and renovate directly at the site. You might have better luck taking down the four adjacent fields directly south of Raymond James and building there. Granted, I don't know if that's a park where kids play ball or anything else like that. But at any rate $800 million for a tiny ass stadium is absurd. Build an open air field already. Nearly every game with the exception of Sunday games is at night and its not like it rains every night. It's hotter than God knows what to do with until fall. If the Bucs can suck it up on the afternoons so can the Rays.
This is why I don’t attend more Bucs games, well that and cause they suck. Seriously though it is WAY too freakin hot even at night.

Reactions: Still All In

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is why I don’t attend more Bucs games, well that and cause they suck. Seriously though it is WAY too freakin hot even at night.

Heat I can deal with but not a lousy product from lousy owners who care more about Man United. I won't be going to a game til the team is sold. At least Sternberg has actually somewhat tried

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I've been to soccer games at Ray Jay at night and still left sweaty as hell. Rowdies games at Al Lang are slightly better with the sea breeze but still a bit hot, particularly in the first half when the sun is still up.

Reactions: berlin

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Heat I can deal with but not a lousy product from lousy owners who care more about Man United. I won't be going to a game til the team is sold. At least Sternberg has actually somewhat tried
The only thing the Glazers do wrong is hire the wrong people. I mean they always spend to the cap they just make poor hiring decisions.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
We used to go to a game a month. It's a pain in the rear to get there from Ballast Point. Have you seen Gandy lately? It's a nightmare. Here's a problem as well...fans need favorite players to identify with long term. You aren't going to build a fanbase by rotating guys in and out every year.

The sport is dying btw. The fans are getting older and older and no one is replacing them. MLB knows this, hence, the reason they are trying to speed up games.

"But this American tradition faces a serious problem: Baseball has the oldest fan base of any major sport, and there is a basic dissonance between the concentration and long attention span baseball demands and the habits of younger generations raised to expect action to be a click away.

Although it is difficult to make direct year-to-year comparisons because of the increase in viewing on digital devices, the trend over the past decade is clear in numerous studies, including the venerable Nielsen ratings. The average age of those who watch nationally televised Major League Baseball games rose from 52 years old in 2000 to 57 in 2016. (The average age of National Basketball Association viewers is around 42.) Asked in one survey whether they followed baseball or not, nearly two-thirds of those from 18 through 35 said no."

I apologize if my posts came off a little "rough". My bad.
Always love that excuse, it's the younger generations fault! How dare kids not get excited watching Jon Lester take five f***ing hours to throw seven innings and waddle his fat ass off the mound. MLB is run by old white dudes who still think it's 1950.

Reactions: Hoek

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Always love that excuse, it's the younger generations fault! How dare kids not get excited watching Jon Lester take five ****ing hours to throw seven innings and waddle his fat ass off the mound. MLB is run by old white dudes who still think it's 1950.

It's a huge problem that they are slowly trying to fix but baseball traditionalists are fighting, Change or die.

Reactions: Still All In

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Nobody cares about the Rays because of shitty ownership - yet they're playing rather well.

Everybody cares about the Bucs, yet they have shitty ownership and a shitty product.

REALLY makes me appreciate all that Vinik has done with the Lightning over the last few years. Complete 180 from those other jokers.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
XFL team names and logos announced
ECgfFLwWkAASJps

So generic. Go Vipers I guess. Just win and they will do well enough I think.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can get behind it sorta. Green and yellow is great for me though because it's Rowdies and Bulls colors too. At worst I like the colors if I don't end up liking the XFL product. I would have liked a Shark name most like Hammerheads or Threshers (yeah I know we have the baseball team) but it's because that is about as Tampa as it gets other than Pirates and Lightning. Gimme some aqua, black, white with and little hints of purple or orange accents and you've got a winner.

Oh well. Can't be worse than the Bucs can they.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is gonna be a LONG football season. At least the Rays are liable to be bad ass next year and make the playoffs this year. Not expecting any miracles because our bullpen is gonna be dead by October but hey it's been a damn good year. Meadows is the truth

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This is gonna be a LONG football season. At least the Rays are liable to be bad ass next year and make the playoffs this year. Not expecting any miracles because our bullpen is gonna be dead by October but hey it's been a damn good year. Meadows is the truth
That O-line is an absolute disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad