OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Pretty smart changes. Love having the supporters section closer and standing. Finally the midfield seats will be a reasonable price.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fitz is like Thanos.... He's inevitable

Pretty much. His neck chain is like Thanos’ gauntlet, scary. lol

We have to look at our future. Fitz is not our future but a band aid on a broken leg. I do see Rosen getting starts. Would have liked him for game 1.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pretty much. His neck chain is like Thanos’ gauntlet, scary. lol

We have to look at our future. Fitz is not our future but a band aid on a broken leg. I do see Rosen getting starts. Would have liked him for game 1.

Fitz is the right move because this is a building year anyway. Rosen can and will get his time in the years to come. Meanwhile in Tampa we are hoping year 5 is when Winston learns the virtues of game management....

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fitz is the right move because this is a building year anyway. Rosen can and will get his time in the years to come. Meanwhile in Tampa we are hoping year 5 is when Winston learns the virtues of game management....

Yeah I figured that. There’s 16 games and I’m sure Rosen is going to get in there.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
If anyone cares (I do!!), the Rays swept a good Cleveland Indians team to vault back into a wild card position.
Assuming the Twins take the Central, that leaves two wild cards for three teams: Oakland, Cleveland, Tampa Bay.

I don't see why the Rays can't beat out at least one of those to get into a wild card one-game scenario.
Here's the thing though: for some reason, TB has played better away from home...might benefit them to have the second, road wild card instead of the home one.

Not saying they should lose games, but just pointing that out.

Should the Rays get in and win the wild card single game playoff, then they are looking at either Houston or New York in an ALDS.
TB has fared better against Houston this season than they have against New York.

That in itself is interesting considering Houston has the better starting rotation than NY, though the Yanks have arguably a better bullpen than the Stros.

I dunno. I feel the Rays have been playing with "house money" all season. I honestly didn't expect this group to be much more than maybe a .500 or slightly better team.
Being closer to .600 and in the Wild Card mix (with a good chance to go into an ALDS) is just gravy.
I'm very proud of how our Boys of Summer have acquitted themselves this season, win or lose, whether they make the playoffs or not.

Just thought I would put this out here as a pretty good ballclub that not nearly enough people know about is still in the thick of the playoff picture! :)

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I embrace the tank. It won't be fun, but it's better than going somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8 every season. That gets you nowhere. I just wish Trevor Lawrence was draft eligible this season.

I believe we have 4 1st round picks in the next two years. Better make them count.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Oh my God. Dolphins down 42-3 in the first half.
serveimage

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad