Confirmed with Link: Buchnevich to Blues

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Blais will run around and give it his all in a bottom 6 role and will toss his body around (which will also result in the occasional bad hit). He has just enough offensive pop where you might think there’s something more there, but he likely is what he is at this point. A bottom 6 energy guy.

So...a nut hair improvement over a Ryan Hollweg type?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He plays physical. Nothing special.

@Lays
+ Half of time injured. He needs to fix his bonehead so super physical game if he wants bit longer career.

But he leaves everything on ice, 110% every shift. Hitting machine.

Don't know Rags roster, but I can quarantee he will be fans favourite.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
upload_2021-7-23_16-15-5.png

i know people hate these cards and it’s not an end all be all, but Buch is very good and is basically all upside at this point.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Also, nothing but the best to Blais. I never got some fans fascination with him, but the fact he’s been able to carve out a career at all as a 6th(?) round pick is great for him. Hope he does well for the NYR in a bottom 6 role.

Absolutely. Good luck in NY, Blais. You could never question the kids effort, just not enough skill to carve out a top 6 role. He will be a very effective "energy player" for many more years in this league.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
@Lays
+ Half of time injured. He needs to fix his bonehead so super physical game if he wants bit longer career.

But he leaves everything on ice, 110% every shift. Hitting machine.

Don't know Rags roster, but I can quarantee he will be fans favourite.
Yep as I said in another comment hopefully him and Goodrow form a good shutdown line. If Blais can at least fill the Gourde/Coleman role for us on a line with Goodrow I’ll be a bit happier. A 1st+Blais I could live with, wouldn’t be happy with it but a 2nd+Blais is highway robbery for the Blues

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch. But we didn’t know we’d win the lotto for Laf otherwise Kreids would’ve wound up leaving, but that’s the biz

congrats you’ll love him.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Blais, he seems to have a tad of a scoring touch for a bottom 6. Can he be solid on the 3rd line, or just a 4th liner?

He's the kind of guy who can fill in on any line. He doesn't score enough to be a long-term fixture on a scoring line, but he doesn't look out of place anywhere.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
Amazing trade.

It still doesn't solve the pending LW issue but the Blues just adding a budding star. Allow me to post some images.
Unknown.png
Unknown-1.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.15.57 PM.png

He is extremely good. Top 10 RW in the entire NHL. An amazing offensive play-driver with very strong on-ice defensive results.

For Sammy Blais and a 2nd? I cannot believe this happened.

Lock him up long-term ASAP.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That’s at least promising to hear. Could be very good with Goodrow in the bottom 6
I expect that is what Drury is thinking in acquiring him. I'm guessing someone like Rooney in the middle of those two.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I expect we'll see a signing announcement soon. I don't expect that Army would have pulled the trigger on this unless he was happy with the contract expectations. I'm expecting something along the lines of 4-5 years at around $5M. Anything under $6M would make retaining $1M-$1.5M on a Tarasenko deal much more palatable.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, you will be disappointed. For 5M/year he would have already been resigned by Rangers.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch. But we didn’t know we’d win the lotto for Laf otherwise Kreids would’ve wound up leaving, but that’s the biz

congrats you’ll love him.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Blais, he seems to have a tad of a scoring touch for a bottom 6. Can he be solid on the 3rd line, or just a 4th liner?
Everyone saying he's just physical didn't watch him late last year. When he was given a chance, he started to really find a scoring touch, but he does go a bit overboard physically. Personally I've liked him since he started playing in the AHL, but it's taken some time for him to develop into the kind of player he needs to be. With the amount of offense NY has, I think you can start to see him breaking his season and career highs in points and goals, so long as he can be healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad