Confirmed with Link: Buchnevich to Blues

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
RFA
Apparently we've been talking extensions with him all afternoon.
I expect we'll see a signing announcement soon. I don't expect that Army would have pulled the trigger on this unless he was happy with the contract expectations. I'm expecting something along the lines of 4-5 years at around $5M. Anything under $6M would make retaining $1M-$1.5M on a Tarasenko deal much more palatable.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Congrats Blues you guys robbed us here. Buch had 48 points in 53 games and was a top 10 PKer this season, while also adding a physical edge. He’s what everyone thinks Anthony Mantha is. Top line power winger who carried our offense in the first half of the year with 25 points through 25 games when Zibanejad struggled with Covid and was pacing at .5 PPG and when Panarin took his leave of absence. Have not been more pissed off by a Rangers move in a long time.

Just tell me Blais is still decent at least

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’d really still like them to hang on to the first.
Yeah, at this point, we got a youngish roster upgrade, and can still add a quality prospect. I suppose if you can clear Tarasenko's salary, and you can find another youngish roster player, I'd be fine with that too, but again, we got the best of both worlds right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Congrats Blues you guys robbed us here. Buch had 48 points in 53 games and was a top 10 PKer this season, while also adding a physical edge. He’s what everyone thinks Anthony Mantha is. Top line power winger who carried our offense in the first half of the year with 25 points through 25 games when Zibanejad struggled with Covid and was pacing at .5 PPG and when Panarin took his leave of absence. Have not been more pissed off by a Rangers move in a long time
This is how we felt when we traded Oshie for Brouwer and a 3rd. You guys have plenty of wingers, but Buch should've returned more.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Congrats Blues you guys robbed us here. Buch had 48 points in 53 games and was a top 10 PKer this season, while also adding a physical edge. He’s what everyone thinks Anthony Mantha is. Top line power winger who carried our offense in the first half of the year with 25 points through 25 games when Zibanejad struggled with Covid and was pacing at .5 PPG and when Panarin took his leave of absence. Have not been more pissed off by a Rangers move in a long time.

As long as Blais can stay healthy (he plays a bit too physical for his own good sometimes), he's a good bottom sixer with a sneaky scoring touch. He'll find a place in your lineup.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Does this mean Schwartz and/or Hoffman are definitely not returning?

The trade itself is great, no question!
One of them, probably. This is probably our Tarasenko replacement. I expect him sent out of here as soon as Buch's contract is settled.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

He plays physical. Nothing special.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That is great deal by Army. Buchnevich is +20 scorer.

giphy.gif

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch. But we didn’t know we’d win the lotto for Laf otherwise Kreids would’ve wound up leaving, but that’s the biz

congrats you’ll love him.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Blais, he seems to have a tad of a scoring touch for a bottom 6. Can he be solid on the 3rd line, or just a 4th liner?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This is how we felt when we traded Oshie for Brouwer and a 3rd. You guys have plenty of wingers, but Buch should've returned more.
Absolutely. You guys will love Buch. Dude really took off big time this season. Even with his last years self this trade wouldn’t be enough for him. I don’t expect him to keep producing at a near PPG rate but he’ll be a 60+ point player that can do it all. Physical, and is just learning he’s actually near elite defensively when he wants to be

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch, but that’s the biz

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Blais, he seems to have a tad of a scoring touch for a bottom 6. Can he be solid on the 3rd line, or just a 4th liner?
Blais will run around and give it his all in a bottom 6 role and will toss his body around (which will also result in the occasional bad hit). He has just enough offensive pop where you might think there’s something more there, but he likely is what he is at this point. A bottom 6 energy guy.

Reactions: Blueston

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Blais will run around and give it his all in a bottom 6 role and will toss his body around (which will also result in the occasional bad hit). He has just enough offensive pop where you might think there’s something more there, but he likely is what he is at this point. A bottom 6 energy guy.
That’s at least promising to hear. Could be very good with Goodrow in the bottom 6

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch, but that’s the biz

He has skill and will hit everything, but inconsistent. He's a 3rd/4th liner, but similar to Sanford has had time in the top 6 with ROR/Perron, but never produced consistently enough. In different circumstances, a good amount of fans would like him, but it'll be tough for him because of this trade.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch. But we didn’t know we’d win the lotto for Laf otherwise Kreids would’ve wound up leaving, but that’s the biz

I think Blais has some underrated offensive abilities. He has some sneaky good hands and has a pretty decent shot, however he lacks the consistency to be an offensive threat. At the very least, he will be a physical force for you guys and bang a lot of bodies (that's something he can do consistently). He does tend to get injured easily due to his playstyle so he needs to learn to tone it down at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad