OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
There was the Bucs I expected all year. And now, also as expected, they'll either win a putrid division and get curb stomped again in rd 1, or they'll hilariously fail against the 2 win Panthers and still not draft high enough to get a real QB. Please do not pay Mayfield 25 million a year for 3-4 years because of 4 good games against meh opposition; trade what you have to to move up and hopefully get a real franchise QB for the next decade.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Not Tampa sports related, but being that I'm in the Bolts nation outpost of Seattle and a huge Washington Huskies fan, I've enjoyed Tampa's own Michael Penix Jr as our QB. One more game, but we have to do it against fellow undefeated Michigan.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Penix is the best pure passer available IMO. He probably moved himself into the top half of the first round if not top 10

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Probably doing nothing in the playoffs but hey 3 division titles in a row!

Yeah, especially if Mayfield looks injured like he did today.

If our O line was better I think we'd have a decent team, but can't run the ball or protect the QB.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I've called for Bowles to be fired repeatedly, unless they fall apart and give up this lead he's going to get another season and I think he deserves it. Granted, Philly has been playing very poorly for over a month now, and they have no healthy receivers, but a playoff win still goes a long way regardless of who it's against.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Heck of a first playoff game to attend. Electric atmosphere.

Good luck next week :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1705382861741.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705382861741.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 2

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Detroit will be the first good team we face in nearly three months that's playing well when we play them. This game is going to tell us all we need to know about whether we've simply taken advantage of a soft stretch of games, or if we're actually playing well. I said above that Bowles deserves to be retained, but if we get blown out by Detroit my mindset on that will change.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
We have a very weak secondary, I think Baker is going to have a very good passing game to his receivers. White won't get many rushing yards. If the Eagles blitz Goff, Goff struggles, he goes into panic mode. It'll be a lot closer than anyone thinks. I didn't think about the beginning of the year the Bucs and Lions would meet in the Divisionals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad