OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The Rays are really firing on all cylinders to start this season. Pitching mostly looks great, and just wow at this offense. 20 home runs now and well on their way to 8-0 it seems with a 9-0 lead today.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Rays are really firing on all cylinders to start this season. Pitching mostly looks great, and just wow at this offense. 20 home runs now and well on their way to 8-0 it seems with a 9-0 lead today.

Wish they could do this in the playoffs. I just hope they aren't peaking too early. This is obviously unsustainable. It reminds me of how the Lightning started off hot like this the year Boucher was fired.

Still it's fun while it's lasting. I wonder if they can get it up to 10-0

Edit: lol and 2 more runs for extra measure. Who had 8-0 on their Rays bingo card?

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
i say package Devin White and pick 19 and pry pick 7 from the Raiders.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Meh Devin White is ass at pass coverage. Definitely dont want to overpay for that
The amount of times the camera would catch that dude smiling and talking trash right after getting burnt was ridiculous last year. Dudes ego is waaay to big. The sooner he leaves the better.

Its a shame but I'm over his act at this point.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This little run is gonna stop eventually but this is a legitimately insane start to a season even by historical standards. This is easily the best stretch in Rays franchise history

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Rays hold on 9-7 despite the terrible pitching from Thompson and Poche, start 12-0! Taj Bradley looked pretty good in winning his 1st career start.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Holy shit rays gonna get the Lightning to maybe care about the regular season next year a little bit. Giving that 18 team a run for best reg season tampa team ever now. They just gotta get the postseason success now.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Offense has finally caught up to the pitching, and they are somehow doing it without many mainstream names in the lineup.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Best defensive player they have, but I guess he recognizes when it's time to get off a sinking ship. If it's true, hope the Bucs get a good return for him.
Dude is one of the most overrated Bucs players we've had in a minute. Crazy athletic and yet makes some absolutely stupid choices in coverage.

Also #RaysUp bitches

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Oh well, any chance at the Rays having the record by themselves ended when Cash sent in one of the worst relief pitchers I've seen, Poche, in a bases loaded jam. A decent pitcher may have held them to 1 or 2 and this may have still been a game.

Reactions: Renopucker

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
At some point you have to use some of these guys, but i'll say I can't figure out exactly why Poche was the choice in a high-lev situation there.

Then again KK is batting .327, slugging .490 and has an OPS+ of 125 which he has never even thought of doing in his career up to this point so we'll just call some of this weekend outliers :laugh:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
At some point you have to use some of these guys, but i'll say I can't figure out exactly why Poche was the choice in a high-lev situation there.

Then again KK is batting .327, slugging .490 and has an OPS+ of 125 which he has never even thought of doing in his career up to this point so we'll just call some of this weekend outliers :laugh:

Dudes having the week of his life. We might not see him bat .327 again for another year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad