OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Way more nervous for this than I felt for any Lightning playoff game. Except maybe game 1 or 2 against the Blue jackets. Go Bucs!!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm surprised our defense played as well as it did. I was certain we were gonna give up like 3 dozen points but was just as certain we'd win. Glad I at least got the latter right. What a hell of a ride. I don't know where it's gonna end but I can't possibly be made about coming out on the winning side at least 13 times

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The disrespect from some is insane. Yeah we have zero chance of beating a team we already beat 38-10. Not saying we should be favored at all but damn.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The disrespect from some is insane. Yeah we have zero chance of beating a team we already beat 38-10. Not saying we should be favored at all but damn.

"The Bucs can't win in cold weather"

1976-2002******

"Still alive bitches! Bucs can't win in cold weather"

Without an ounce of irony. An old chestnut about a team full of players during the Dungy/Gruden Era. With a team full of players who were in elementary school and middle school when Dungy and Gruden coached.

Without an ounce of irony

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think ever since we snapped that streak in Philly we've actually been quite decent in cold weather, IIRC.

Brady, Gronk, and Brown are obviously no strangers to it, either.

Packers are a good team, it's not their weather that's gonna beat us. We'll see if 38-10 was a fluke or an indicator of a huge mismatch they'll have to overcome the same way we had to with the Saints.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think ever since we snapped that streak in Philly we've actually been quite decent in cold weather, IIRC.

Brady, Gronk, and Brown are obviously no strangers to it, either.

Packers are a good team, it's not their weather that's gonna beat us. We'll see if 38-10 was a fluke or an indicator of a huge mismatch they'll have to overcome the same way we had to with the Saints.

I think we're something like .500 in quote "cold weather" games since Philly. I could be wrong but it's not the whole "0 for life" thing we had going on until then. I wish Vita Vea was still healthy. He would be making Rodgers life a living hell and were in the equation I'd be bold enough to pick us to win. Leaning towards the Packers getting it done but any Bucs fan can afford to be wrong about.

One more win and we'll do the unthinkable by playing for the Big One in our own house

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And let's pretend for a minute we get annihilated like 42-3. I'll still remember this season fondly and take a drink for Bruce Arians and Tom Brady every time I think about it. To not be absolutely miserable for even 1 season is the least I could've ever asked for after well.... whatever it is someone would call 2003-2019. 2005 was really the only exception to that rule and all the other good years just saw us miss the playoffs for whatever dumb reason.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
And let's pretend for a minute we get annihilated like 42-3. I'll still remember this season fondly and take a drink for Bruce Arians and Tom Brady every time I think about it. To not be absolutely miserable for even 1 season is the least I could've ever asked for after well.... whatever it is someone would call 2003-2019. 2005 was really the only exception to that rule and all the other good years just saw us miss the playoffs for whatever dumb reason.

Everything after this is gravy for me. Was not expecting to beat the Saints and now that they did that and are in the nfc championship game I hope we can win and be the first team ever to play at home for the super bowl but if they don't I won't be upset. In Tom Bradys first season with the Bucs they are in the nfc championship game. Just saying it sounds insane!! Tampa has had a crazy awesome year with sports. I dont see how any city can top that. Not easy to do.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
LETS f***ING GO!!!

60Njnjq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks