OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Re name them to the 98'ers and I'm not even kidding.

@Machinehead Not trying to bag them too hard but you guys need to be getting way more out of Judge and Stanton. This was another really bad let down

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Re name them to the 98'ers and I'm not even kidding.

@Machinehead Not trying to bag them too hard but you guys need to be getting way more out of Judge and Stanton. This was another really bad let down
This team low-key just wasn't good and I've been saying it all year. It's kind of a surprise they made it this far. The lineup is filled with easy outs, the bullpen is a circus, the rotation is Cole and friends, and the manager is special in the head. It's time for the GM who did nothing about this to go. He hasn't won a f***ing thing without Jeter, Rivera, and co., none of whom he drafted.

In Judge and Stanton's defense, they're just not taking a team all the way. The Yankees don't have "the guy" on offense. It looks like Judge's 50+ homers were an aberration. He's batting second because he's a #2 hitter. That's what he is. His best attributes are walking and defense. He's just a tall Bobby Abreu who had one bonkers year. Stanton is a 5/6 hitter who can run into one. Not a guy you should be relying on.

Who's in the meat of the order? I like Aaron Hicks and Luke Voit, but that's your 3 and 4?? It's just not impressive. They should have been in on Yelich and that's going to haunt us.

To be fair, the Rays don't really have the one superstar either but their approach is night and day. Every at-bat is tough. Meanwhile, the Yankees go up there like "me hit homer oogah boogah" and they don't have the talent to back that up anymore. A-Rod retired, folks. That goes back to the manager.

I'm not saying it needs a complete overhaul, but they need to do some soul-searching like the Lightning did.

I hope you guys beat the Astros.

Reactions: Hoek and Discipline

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This team low-key just wasn't good and I've been saying it all year. It's kind of a surprise they made it this far. The lineup is filled with easy outs, the bullpen is a circus, the rotation is Cole and friends, and the manager is special in the head. It's time for the GM who did nothing about this to go. He hasn't won a f***ing thing without Jeter, Rivera, and co., none of whom he drafted.

In Judge and Stanton's defense, they're just not taking a team all the way. The Yankees don't have "the guy" on offense. It looks like Judge's 50+ homers were an aberration. He's batting second because he's a #2 hitter. That's what he is. His best attributes are walking and defense. He's just a tall Bobby Abreu who had one bonkers year. Stanton is a 5/6 hitter who can run into one. Not a guy you should be relying on.

Who's in the meat of the order? I like Aaron Hicks and Luke Voit, but that's your 3 and 4?? It's just not impressive. They should have been in on Yelich and that's going to haunt us.

To be fair, the Rays don't really have the one superstar either but their approach is night and day. Every at-bat is tough. Meanwhile, the Yankees go up there like "me hit homer oogah boogah" and they don't have the talent to back that up anymore. A-Rod retired, folks. That goes back to the manager.

I'm not saying it needs a complete overhaul, but they need to do some soul-searching like the Lightning did.

That might be the most brutally honest postmortem I've ever read. You should start a blog man. You'd be as big as UrinatingTree if you did sports for a living

Reactions: Machinehead

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015

I said the same thing on Draysbay after game three. Rays went 8-2 against the Yanks during the season and just won the series against them to go to the ALCS. Judge and Stanton are all or nothings streak hitters who, if they aren’t hitting HRs, simply aren’t that good. And their other hitters like Voit and Urshela are average players who have played over their heads since joining the Yankees but that you can’t count on during the postseason.

Compared to the Yankees teams in the early and late 2000’s, they just aren’t that talented. Lineup is unbalanced and their starting pitching is trash outside of Cole. This is the worst team the Rays will have for a while, too. Glasnow will only continue to get better and I expect at least one Cy Young in his career and they don’t even have Wander Franco up yet, who is going to be a superstar and the best player on the team here ina few years.

Reactions: Machinehead

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I might have to start paying attention to baseball. You got any more of them Tampa Bay wins?

Rowdies playoff game tonight, too!

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
OK, Native American nicknames in sports have come under increased fire in the wake of George Floyd. One team, Washington in the NFL, has already retired the Redskins name. Another, the Cleveland Indians of MLB, is discussing a name change.

Personally, I think all teams with Native American names should change.

Florida State is one such team (or teams, rather) that should change. A good nickname I have come up with for FSU is Senators, which reflects the fact that the university is located in the capital of Florida, Tallahassee.

BOAR

Aug 24, 2020
OK, Native American nicknames in sports have come under increased fire in the wake of George Floyd. One team, Washington in the NFL, has already retired the Redskins name. Another, the Cleveland Indians of MLB, is discussing a name change.

Personally, I think all teams with Native American names should change.

Florida State is one such team (or teams, rather) that should change. A good nickname I have come up with for FSU is Senators, which reflects the fact that the university is located in the capital of Florida, Tallahassee.
What's racist about Seminoles? When they were setting up the team's mascot and all in the 70's, they asked for permission from the Seminole Tribe of Florida (which is distinctly different from the Oklahoma tribe) and gained their blessing to not only use the Seminole identity, but they even helped the design Chief Osceola and Renegade. In 2005, the University banned hair dresses from games (the tribe didn't ask them to) out of respect for the tribe. The University does EVERYTHING to make sure the Seminole tribe isn't offended.

You know who's name is racist? The Sooners. Boomer Sooner comes from when Oklahomans drove natives off that land and settled where the university is now. The term "Boomer Sooner" basically translates to "we had bigger guns and drove 'em away! We are Boomer Sooners!"

Reactions: berlin

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Rowdies won 4-2 last night, so that's three Tampa Bay teams that have won at least one playoff round.

Your turn, Bucs.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The Rays are a very good defensive team with great pitching, but my God their offense is a struggle to watch. Other than Arozarena not one hitter in that lineup can consistently get on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad