GDT: Bubble Wrap Overkill. Oilers v Canucks, Saturday May 15, 1:30 PM. SN, NHLNW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Feels like a promise frlm Tippet, that Nygård is in.

Why no MacLeod. Does he suck now??

Unbelivabke that Chiasson and Neal is our beT third line option.

WHY, does they not rest McDraisaitl and playing MacLeod instead??

Dont messing with chemistry maybe?

Turris seems ti be done in Oilers.
He will orobably be buries next year.
I didnt belive he had fallen so much.
Dude chia son has been great this year. He’s great in the 3rd line and Neal is getting hotter and playing way better. Getting more reps before the playoffs isn’t a bad thing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why doesn't Tippet rest all the very important players, Connor, Drai, Nurse, Larsson? Only one is Smith. Play Stalock to see what he can do. I am guessing they already made up their mind on him being a pure emergency backup. Bring in Ennis, 4K, Bouch, K Russel, Nygard, Haas. If a good player gets injured, the fans will be screaming!
McD and Drai have been resting with these days off and no pressure to win. McD played only 15 mins last game, many of which being on PP. 'Rest' is not the issue its just injury concern.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Dude chia son has been great this year. He’s great in the 3rd line and Neal is getting hotter and playing way better. Getting more reps before the playoffs isn’t a bad thing.

Sounds great. Even though Chiasson is for me confusing, but I guess hes good in a physcihal playoff-run.
What about Neal?
He sure is though to make a decision on. If he plays bad, well, let´s buy him out - to an expensive cost.
If he plays like now, nor good or bad. What to do then? He runs with a 5,75m$ price tag. Pretty insane tag.
Buy him out, or keep? Its hard to see a rebound with a 32 year old with covid and shit in his history.

I suspect the wise thing is to keep him to not having any buyout costs for years to come. BUT he takes up a pretty hefty capspace.
Depending on the wings for next season, if the depth is shallow, we should maybe keep this non-scoring scorer.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Having Chiasson and Neal going is actually super important. People forget that 20 goals in a full season is a realistic expectation for them. Which means the 2 of them should combine for a goal every other game. That depth in the playoffs is huge

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
We don’t play again till Wednesday. The guys get 3 full days between games. Don’t want them going in too rusty.
Always tough to know how much or how little of rest to give players. Do you want them well rested for the playoffs but at the same time there is always that concern for rust

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018

“Chiasson sucks” is such a pervasive myth among Oilers fans, reminds me of some of the myths that spread around in elementary school, like that Barney was an alcoholic or Marilyn Manson had his ribs removed for...fun

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I do like rolling the lines to give others some more icetime. Probably a good measuring stick for Tipp to keep an eye on too.
A little bummed that MacLeod isn't in due to feeling off but I like Haas and feel he can slot back in that spot well. He is also a good puck transporter.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
McD and Drai have been resting with these days off and no pressure to win. McD played only 15 mins last game, many of which being on PP. 'Rest' is not the issue its just injury concern.
Not to mention some rest for Smith would be nice. Old guys like him need rest lol

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We don’t play again till Wednesday. The guys get 3 full days between games. Don’t want them going in too rusty.

I wonder why we couldn't start some playoff games in the North Division on Monday... Why are they waiting for Wednesday?

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Some of these guys are perfectionists.
Some question why not rest some of the top skaters, but everything Dave Tippett has said in recent days says they all want to keep playing. For Darnell Nurse, for example, Saturday’s game will complete a fourth consecutive season of perfect attendance, and run his consecutive Games Played streak to 310. For Draisaitl, it’ll be 283 straight. You think those horses want to come out of the line-up for any reason? Me neither.

Keeping their iron man streak going.

It's a nothing game so I don't expect this game to be competitive. Pretty sure both teams want to finish the game without any issues.

Reactions: K1900L

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
“Chiasson sucks” is such a pervasive myth among Oilers fans, reminds me of some of the myths that spread around in elementary school, like that Barney was an alcoholic or Marilyn Manson had his ribs removed for...fun
I think it’s because people expect a 1st or 2nd line player. He’s perfect in a 3rd. Obviously his contract isn’t great but we can’t control that.

Last edited:
Reactions: barry halls

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think it’s because people expect a 1st or 2nd line player. He’s perfect in a 3rd. Obviously his contract isn’t great but we can’t control that.

Even his contract really isn’t bad if it wasn’t for Covid, and it’s up now. I’m hoping Holland sees the value he brings and extends him... just for closer to a million than 2.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I don’t get the Popeyes love. Mary Browns is way better in my humble fried chicken opinion.

On another food note I went out to Leduc to grab some of that Wilhauk beef jerky Stauffer is plugging and it’s the best beef jerky I’ve ever had. I think I ate half the bag on the drive back to Edmonton.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Even his contract really isn’t bad if it wasn’t for Covid, and it’s up now. I’m hoping Holland sees the value he brings and extends him... just for closer to a million than 2.
I just bought it up because someone was gonna call him an overpaid bum.

Im quite happy with him, I like him on our PP. Players like him can be playoff warriors.

Reactions: The Nuge and SK13

Steveshutt

Sep 22, 2007
Getting ready to bandwagon you guys after my Habs are put out of their misery (hoping it's swift). But it's not much fun watching your dark blue unis with the orange trim to be perfectly honest. Would love the Oil to go back to their classic unis (team with your history should never have changed them in my opinion) but I can live with the full orange homes. Any idea which unis you'll be wearing in the playoffs?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Getting ready to bandwagon you guys after my Habs are put out of their misery (hoping it's swift). But it's not much fun watching your dark blue unis with the orange trim to be perfectly honest. Would love the Oil to go back to their classic unis (team with your history should never have changed them in my opinion) but I can live with the full orange homes. Any idea which unis you'll be wearing in the playoffs?

I think we see the dark navy 3rds for the home. Rumor has it the Oilers are going back to their classic blue uniforms for home games next season.

Please please please pound the shit out of the Leafs every chance you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad