GDT: Bubble Wrap Overkill. Oilers v Canucks, Saturday May 15, 1:30 PM. SN, NHLNW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Why doesn't Tippet rest all the very important players, Connor, Drai, Nurse, Larsson? Only one is Smith. Play Stalock to see what he can do. I am guessing they already made up their mind on him being a pure emergency backup. Bring in Ennis, 4K, Bouch, K Russel, Nygard, Haas. If a good player gets injured, the fans will be screaming!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why doesn't Tippet rest all the very important players, Connor, Drai, Nurse, Larsson? Only one is Smith. Play Stalock to see what he can do. I am guessing they already made up their mind on him being a pure emergency backup. Bring in Ennis, 4K, Bouch, K Russel, Nygard, Haas. If a good player gets injured, the fans will be screaming!

See the projected lines....Also McDavid and Drai want to play - it would be a week off between games. McDavid told Tippett that’s too long to be off.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Feels like a promise frlm Tippet, that Nygård is in.

Why no MacLeod. Does he suck now??

Unbelivabke that Chiasson and Neal is our beT third line option.

WHY, does they not rest McDraisaitl and playing MacLeod instead??

Dont messing with chemistry maybe?

Turris seems ti be done in Oilers.
He will orobably be buries next year.
I didnt belive he had fallen so much.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Feels like a promise frlm Tippet, that Nygård is in.

Why no MacLeod. Does he suck now??

Unbelivabke that Chiasson and Neal is our beT third line option.

WHY, does they not rest McDraisaitl and playing MacLeod instead??

Dont messing with chemistry maybe?

Turris seems ti be done in Oilers.
He will orobably be buries next year.
I didnt belive he had fallen so much.
He was either banged up or sick, eitherway gets the afternoon off. Frankly Neal - McLeod - Chiasson have been pretty effective since coming together, they really wear teams out on the cycle.

He doesn't rest his stars, because it's basically (probably) their call. Tipp probably asks them if they want a game off, if they say no, they're in the lineup.

Turris is strange, but I think as the playoffs go along, he could have moments. He has speed and a great shot, he might be able to surprise some teams in spots if you're a few weeks in and guys are tired and beat up.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
It's really weird not having to worry about meaningful hockey so close to the start of the playoffs. I'm busy today besides. I can't recall a time I've been less interested in a hockey game...
f9RrjwK6CFFasFW3pP.gif

Wake me when the playoffs start.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver will be a tired team. I'm not sure there is much value in playing this game. I was thinking maybe keeping rust off has value, but is playing in what amounts to an exhibition game really have value?

I don't see why key players need to play this game. Smith in particular. At least McDavid and Draisaitl can have minutes limited, but my preference would be that they are scratched.

But whatever. I was against Khaira playing and that turned out okay.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Guess the stars run the team not the coach.

They were consulted by the coach and the stars say taking a week off is too much. Players, especially of that caliber, don’t want to turn their engines off for too long.

It’s ok. They have all this cool new protective gear. I think the bubble wrap in particular will come in handy.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
They were consulted by the coach and the stars say taking a week off is too much. Players, especially of that caliber, don’t want to turn their engines off for too long.

It’s ok. They have all this cool new protective gear. I think the bubble wrap in particular will come in handy.

Plus the added bonus of all those gratifying popping sounds every time someone throws a check.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I get where people are coming from with this but a good coach doesn't run a dictatorship. You also don't let the inmates run the asylum though. There needs to be healthy dialogue and back and forth.
You have the two best players in the world. If they are saying we need to keep playing to stay sharp you listen. With that the rest of the team will follow the leadership. I want them as sharp as possible heading into game one....not coasting. I don't mind if they don't give 100% today but I want them to execute the system properly. With proper execution we have shown that we can play with anyone. This will be of upmost importance come playoffs. Whenever the boys start cheating or making risky plays in the neutral zone things go to shit real fast.
I think they are taking a lot more away from last summer than they are letting on. They want to be as sharp as possible.
What is this even?

He asked them if they wanted to play and they said yes. How is it a bad thing to consult with them before making a decision that affects them?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
What is this even?

He asked them if they wanted to play and they said yes. How is it a bad thing to consult with them before making a decision that affects them?

Cause coach should treat them like they need a rest when they don't? Not really sure where some people get the idea that a pro player would want or need to rest on the Eve of Playoffs. I'm guessing the players that want to play want a final rehearsal for the Playoffs.

Go Oilers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad