GDT: Bubble Wrap Overkill. Oilers v Canucks, Saturday May 15, 1:30 PM. SN, NHLNW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Maybe Koskinen's playing 4d chess here.

- This game doesn't matter at all for the Oilers
- Giving up more goals means players on division rivals get more points
- Those players in turn get paid more.

260832909030212.png

Reactions: iCanada and 780il

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eh...a lot of people blame him for goals that aren't his fault and a lot of people blame the rest of the team for shirts goals he lets in. The 2nd and 3rd goals are great shots and hard stops to make. The 2nd one should of been a save but I'm not gonna get on his case for that one as like I said it was a great shot. The 4th goal how ever was atrocious and should never go in. I've defended Koski when people were blaming him for no reason but even I can't sit here and say he should be our backup going forward. He's done and I think he's starting to realize it.
Oh Bs all his saves look like slow motion in real-time , garbage goalie

Reactions: rboomercat90

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
That was his plan along I suspect. When he tried and failed to get a goalie last off season, he signed Smith and put it off to this offseason. There will be goalies available.

Except now the plan might be to re-sign Smith to be back up/ alternate starter
The FIRST thing thr Oilers should do when Smith retires is fire our shitty goalie coach and hire Smith in his place. Every time the Oilers pick up a goalie Schwartz ruins them. The only reason he hasn't ruined Smith is because Smith does give a f*** and probably tells Schwartz how it is.

Reactions: Mr Positive

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
bob-nicholson.jpg

“It was a committee decision”

Better to sign a guy with 1 good month and 3 bad weeks to 4.5Mx3 than take the massive risk of having to sign a free agent (which we did and ended up with our starter this year) or trade for a goalie.

Expert NHL Management 101.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Koskos bad goaltending really made me care about this meaningless game. SO good for him I guess. I hope we buy him out in the offseason, and if not, I hope he's buried in the minors. He should be nowhere near the team and no where near an NHL net.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What a wonderful goalie. It took him 5 minutes to bring his team down. Pathetic goalie. HORRENOUS! If I saw him in person I’d slap him in the face instead of getting his autograph

Reactions: Sanchez

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Was that 4 in 4 again ? Or was it 3 on 3 ? So he is 1 away

This is the Koskinen special indeed.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Better to sign a guy with 1 good month and 3 bad weeks to 4.5Mx3 than take the massive risk of having to sign a free agent (which we did and ended up with our starter this year) or trade for a goalie.

Expert NHL Management 101.

To be fair Bobby never had to GM past easy mode (Team Canada roster)

Reactions: oobga

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The best part of this is the fair weather contingent will feel like Highmore is not just an AHL plug :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->