Confirmed with Link: B's Sign Krug to a One-Year Contract Extension and Smith to a Two-Year Contract Exten

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Krug's contract is fine. Smith's may be an overpayment but if we're keeping Connolly around he'll have a really low hit to balance that out.

Yea, Connolly and Pastrnak will both be cheap next year so if you're RW group is Pasta, Connolly, Smith, Ferlin it isn't too bad of a total cap number for that side.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
This place is a joke. You guys aren't happy unless you're unhappy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Krugs deal.

But Smith? We are essentially giving a 3rd liner 3.5 million. That's what I think he is, and no one is convincing me otherwise. Chances are, you would look better than you really are if you played with Bergeron/Marchand too.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Wish that Krug contact was longer. More like three years instead of one.

Atkinson got three years at $3.5. He's on pace for 34 points. Smith is two years younger and already has 35 points. This is probably fair if you compare it to market prices, but I'm not sure I like him at 3+. I think he moves in the off-season for a defenseman.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Smith will have just as many points as Tyler Seguin his first two years in the league and he is not worth 3.5 for 2 years? OK!!!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

But Smith? We are essentially giving a 3rd liner 3.5 million. That's what I think he is, and no one is convincing me otherwise. Chances are, you would look better than you really are if you played with Bergeron/Marchand too.

He's a borderline 2nd/3rd liner

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I would like to know if 3.45 is a lot for a top 6 forward like Smih. Believe it or not, he's stuck with Bergy and Marchand. Was tied for 2nd in team points and is 22 years old. 3.45 doesn't seem that terrible in my eyes. I wish term for Krug would have been longer :(

Agree completely. Smith is mucho-underrated around here 23 years old, tied with Marchand, Lucic and Soderberg in pts. Would have loved to see Krug get a long term deal.

I thought Hamiltion would have been the first domino to fall. . .

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
why do people think Loui is gone after the year? No GM is going to let the focal point of a blockbuster deal just walk, and let the world know he made a huge mistake. These guys want to protect their job too. Loui is brought back at a slight raise ~5m per. Now if hes traded for an upgrade, thats an entire different story.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
you like the Smith deal?

I think that whether we like it or not....that is a fair market value. Comparable players would get more if they were out on the market. To me the Smith deal is a little high, but that is because I am (like most of you) a delusional cheap-ass when it comes to the Bruins and player contracts.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

When has Smith played on the third line ? He's on the PP as well so they may think he's better than a "third liner"

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm really surprised that Krug and Smith got signed before Hamilton and Soderberg. I'm personally not a fan of what Smith is getting and if the idea is to keep him over Eriksson, that would be a mistake in my opinion. That said, it looks like Hamilton will be making $4+ million next season.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Smith will have just as many points as Tyler Seguin his first two years in the league and he is not worth 3.5 for 2 years? OK!!!

he is worth 3.5 for 2 years.....but not 7 for 2 years which is what he got. he was an RFA. he's being overpaid by $0.5-$1 per year

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
This team is playing like ****, let's keep it rolling by bringing back the exact same team over and over again.

Chia's logic.

Just because you resign RFA's to fair market value contracts? They can still be moved if you want.
As inconsistent as Smith has been he is still on pace for 45-50 points and is still young.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Do people not pay attention to the contracts that players around the league are getting? Tyler Ennis? Cam Atkinson? Nick Leddy?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Atkinson's new deal changed the market for comparable players.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
I think they'll keep spooner up and let soderberg go. He has really fallen off since the Allstar break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad