Confirmed with Link: B's Sign Krug to a One-Year Contract Extension and Smith to a Two-Year Contract Exten

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I would like to know if 3.45 is a lot for a top 6 forward like Smih. Believe it or not, he's stuck with Bergy and Marchand. Was tied for 2nd in team points and is 22 years old. 3.45 doesn't seem that terrible in my eyes. I wish term for Krug would have been longer :(

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Fair market deals. Really need Krug to step into a top 4 role though, he's got the production, but he needs to log the minutes.

Smith was god awful last night, but this is right in line with Atkinson who produces at pretty much the same pace (Atkinson got slightly more $ for slightly less production)

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I wish we had capgeek.

Hamilton will probably be dealt for 2nd round picks a couple of days before next season.

3372598.jpg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
3.425 seems a little high for Smith, IMO.

I was hoping they'd move him at the deadline to free up those dollars to address the defense for next year.

Looch - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergy - Connolly
Soderberg - Spooner - (?) Koko
Talbot - Kelly - Ferlin

Not sure what's out there in FA, but I'm not big on Smith, especially at that number.

iiBruins17*

Fair market deals. Really need Krug to step into a top 4 role though, he's got the production, but he needs to log the minutes.

Smith was god awful last night, but this is right in line with Atkinson who produces at pretty much the same pace (Atkinson got slightly more $ for slightly less production)

Krug will never be a top-4, he's too small to be top-4 reliable in the D zone

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If Chia is signing deals I think this means he is going to be around for a longggggg time. Now extend Lucic and Loui and we are good for a while.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Fair deals for them both. Glad their in the fold.

Loui, Campbell and Paille all out next year plus the cap increase and Savard's $.

This place is going to be fun. Popcorn is ready..

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario

Bang on. Was just going to post the same thing.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Fair deals for them both. Glad their in the fold.

Loui, Campbell and Paille all out next year plus the cap increase and Savard's $.

This place is going to be fun. Popcorn is ready..

I think we have to keep Loui, he is one of the 3 best offensive players on the team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup, way to much for a guy that is looking more and more like a 15 goal third liner.

Smith-Kelly-Eriksson the 11 million dollar third line.

Love the Krug extension.

this to me looks like Eriksson will be moved before next season and probably the draft

projected bottom 6 is

Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson

my take is Smith stays, Soderberg likely but his contract will be in Smith's neighborhood- Loui looks gone

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

love this line- dont see Kelly going anywhere and why should he, he's been pretty good; pretty cheap line overall

if Boston brought that back that is a potential outrageous bottom 6 but dont see it- to expensive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad