GDT: B's @ Caps, 3/5/2013 @ 7:00 PM at the Phone Booth

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
wow the new guy feels the need to talk already. That tells me the room doesn't have a talker. Not that Ovi is that type of captain of course, but I think teams need one. But after watching 24/7 I was really hoping the awkwardness in the room was just tied to our losing streak. Maybe it was just Brouwer and Laich out.

I still get a laugh out of Knuble saying it won't be a laugher vs Boston. It was a laugher IIRC.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Kevin Paul Dupont‏@GlobeKPD

Ovie rush, elbow to Rask's chin. Old days, bucket of blood down Penn Ave. New NHL, no retaliation.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I saw you had posted that, and you are damn right, it just happens in hockey.

I think the 2 goal lead has been replaced by the 3 goal lead, as the worst in hock

Yeah, it's one thing to beat a team in their barn. But embarrassing them is too much for NHLers. They're all too good for that (usually). Holtby made some sweet saves and BOS missed a couple they shoulda had. It happens. :)

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Whoa Backstrom has 19 points now, 17 assists, 2 goals. Forgot about that 2nd goal. Ovi only 17... but Backstrom seems to have a lot of secondary assists.

He is playing very well. He has since like the 3rd or 4th game of the season. And people constantly ***** on him here, and I never understood. He's been very good defensively. Very good keeping the puck in the offensive zone. He's made some incredible passes. Yes the goals aren't there, but he has never been a goal scorer.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Ovi back together.

Liberati0n*

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
Ovechkin on Milbury: "I can also voice my opinions about his work as a GM"

Oh ****.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Oh ****.

That is simply..AWESOME! hahahaha

Good win. Caps outhit the Bruins 23 to 22. Thats the first time all year I recall the Caps out hitting an opponent.

Tuffnezz helps no matter how you cut it and dice it. Erskine with a nice bout. Oleksy with a monster hit on a tough dude. Ovechkin with a clean hit that somehow got called and drove the net.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I am proud the guys battled back after the first period. Important win and nice night by Fehr. Very impressed.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA

Oh ****.

slow-clap-o.gif

Moar swagger.

Apr 6, 2004
I always like to think that guy is someone who posts here.

Fairly certain 'that guy' had those seats for years and was not allowed to renew them specifically because of that video. I've seen him several times this year so he may moved but he's no longer in those seats.

Halpysback*

Funny how a week ago half the board was jumping on Milbury's nuts after he "rightfully" called out Ovechkin, and here we are.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He is playing very well. He has since like the 3rd or 4th game of the season. And people constantly ***** on him here, and I never understood. He's been very good defensively. Very good keeping the puck in the offensive zone. He's made some incredible passes. Yes the goals aren't there, but he has never been a goal scorer.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Ovi back together.

Lets not overreact here. He's been well below par this season. Tonight was a perfect 19 game...hardly noticeable until the game winner where he made the sweet plays in all 3 zones, then you realize he has 3 assists. Hopefully this is the start of a little more offense from 19.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Glad to see Ovy standing up for himself in the press RE: Fat Mike.

Cheers to Volpatti, this team needs more Ra-Ra guys to spark em.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
You know whats interesting is, Milbury was on the air today.

Staal gives up the puck to Hodgson, pulls a Semin glide and tries for a hook on Hodgson, then gives up on the play and Semin jumps forward looking for a stick lift and misses it, but either way it was a 1 on 2, but Staal no effort, no criticism from Milbury of course, may have to praise a Russian!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad