GDT: B's @ Caps, 3/5/2013 @ 7:00 PM at the Phone Booth

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
This won't be easy. They're a physical team, which we do not like, and they're relentless.

I won't say it's a 'must-win' ... but I think it's one we must get at least a point from.

So c'mon Caps... 1 point is all I ask.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Have we outhit one single opponent this year so far?

Not sure that will change tonight but if we can keep that gap close with our the latest physical additions I think we take it tonight.

Can't have a 1 hitter from our D like game vs Pitt where Erskine was not in.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Stay angry

Ok, get angry

www_plus613_net_tmpdodgeballlevelexpert.gif

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Frankly that's pretty insulting to a city that is much different than it used to be. It's not much different than asking if Washington D.C. still has slave auctions.

Whatever. It's been proven that 2 out of every 5 Bostonian's eat kittens and the remaining 4 out of 5 secretly love Ben Affleck.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I can understand Mcphee's logic though. It was important not to extend an additional $1.5 million to Chara so he had the resources to pursue Boumedienne.

If you recall during that time there were many discussions regarding this.

I contended (and GMGM later said the REAL player they wanted was Pothier) that they made the Chara offer as a PR maneuver to appease the fans and they knew their figure would easily be eclipsed by another team.

After that first year an arrogant Ted Leonsis was making fun of and laughing at the Chara signing (The B's failed to make the playoffs that first year and were a trainwreck at times).

Pothier's first shift with the Caps was classic btw

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you recall during that time there were many discussions regarding this.

I contended (and GMGM later said the REAL player they wanted was Pothier) that they made the Chara offer as a PR maneuver to appease the fans and they knew their figure would easily be eclipsed by another team.

After that first year an arrogant Ted Leonsis was making fun of and laughing at the Chara signing (The B's failed to make the playoffs that first year and were a trainwreck at times).

Pothier's first shift with the Caps was classic btw

AKA the "Angelos Offer". You bid to say you were in the mix, but you lowball intentionally.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I'm home for spring break, so this is gonna be my first game of the year. Can't believe how long it's been since my last Caps game. It's good to be back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: