GDT: B's @ Caps, 12:30 PM EST, Phone Booth

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Yeo, Carlyle, and Capiano say hi.

Wild are better with a worse roster, Leafs are almost the same with a worse roster, and the Islanders made the playoffs last year with a **** roster.

You can easily make the case Oates is worse than all of them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It reeks of being dominated for 50 minutes and then frantically trying to overcome a 2 goal deficit in the last 10 minutes.

Well this was pretty close, from the first period. It's ridiculous that these same patterns keep showing up so much that we can tell what kind of a game it's going to be halfway through the first.

ryan519*

grabo better replace beagle when he gets back. which i hope to god is tomorrow

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
B's fans upset OV didn't fight after his hit on Loui. Sums up that team and their fans in a nut shell, clean hit? Gotta fight. Disrespect? Gotta fight. Sneeze? Gotta fight.

It's ruining hockey.

We shot down that minority real quick after just one replay. 100% clean hit. Would have been stupid for Ovechkin to fight anyone, let alone Chara, down 2 with 8 minutes left.

We are defensive about Eriksson, two concussions this year, but totally clean hit. Gliding, elbows tucked, didn't leave his feet.

The nutshell was mostly people saying it wasn't a penalty.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
We shot down that minority real quick after just one replay. 100% clean hit. Would have been stupid for Ovechkin to fight anyone, let alone Chara, down 2 with 8 minutes left.

We are defensive about Eriksson, two concussions this year, but totally clean hit. Gliding, elbows tucked, didn't leave his feet.

Initially I winced, seeing Eriksson go into the hit way too low and knowing his concussion history. After the replay, I went back to wondering why Tim Peel still has an NHL job. :cry:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

You guys have a helluva team and organization. I'm jealous. Please help us out with the Flyers, Wings, Leafs, and Devils.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Initially I winced, seeing Eriksson go into the hit way too low and knowing his concussion history. After the replay, I went back to wondering why Tim Peel still has an NHL job. :cry:

Easy for me to say because my team isn't fighting for a playoff spot, but I think that is an example of a bad call that is understandable.

Ovechkin was gliding, but had some speed already going, and the optics weren't great with Loui seeing it at the last second and trying to get out of the way.

Considering you needed a replay to know if it was clean or not definitively, I can see a ref getting it wrong. I know there is no comfort in that, but just saying.

Someone speculated it may also have been a reputation call, and Im not sure, but that may have also been a factor.

Burakovsky95*

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m
Ovechkin: “You can see we was not desperate team in the first two periods, we can’t play like that.”

Oh reallllyyyy?

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
toronto, really?

****, well at least we dont have to play the ****ing bruins again

Yes, because we will have 2 games in hand vs. Leafs versus none vs Detroit, so 2 points down to Leafs is better than 2 points down to Detroit. Close call either way, we do not want it to be a 3 point game, that is for sure, so it probably WILL be, LOL

Vladiator16*

Easy for me to say because my team isn't fighting for a playoff spot, but I think that is an example of a bad call that is understandable.

Ovechkin was gliding, but had some speed already going, and the optics weren't great with Loui seeing it at the last second and trying to get out of the way.

Considering you needed a replay to know if it was clean or not definitively, I can see a ref getting it wrong. I know there is no comfort in that, but just saying.

Someone speculated it may also have been a reputation call, and Im not sure, but that may have also been a factor.

Thats why NHL needs coaches challenge or a some sort of review.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Maybe we can bribe Bruce to come back. At least the games were fun to watch, and he wasn't a complete dumbass.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
"We". How about "you" Ovi?

Oh. Yeah. Let's pin it on Ovi, ye of the Beagle line.

Smart!

Let's ignore Brouwer, who is supposed to raise his game in physical games yet disappears altogether. Let's ignore Penner, who played like *******. Let's ignore the bottom half of our defense who sucked ass. Let's ignore the coach who refuses to put his players in position to succeed. Let's ignore Backstrom missing a point blank chance. Let's ignore Mojo missing the net on two glorious chances.

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
Oh. Yeah. Let's pin it on Ovi, ye of the Beagle line.

Smart!

Let's ignore Brouwer, who is supposed to raise his game in physical games yet disappears altogether. Let's ignore Penner, who played like *******. Let's ignore the bottom half of our defense who sucked ass. Let's ignore the coach who refuses to put his players in position to succeed. Let's ignore Backstrom missing a point blank chance. Let's ignore Mojo missing the net on two glorious chances.

This is why posting on message boards can be so frustrating sometimes. I am not blaming Ovi, but, he didn't much showup in the first 2 periods either, did he? Mojo sucks btw

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Maybe we can bribe Bruce to come back. At least the games were fun to watch, and he wasn't a complete dumbass.

i remember when people used to complain that BB would play flieschmann on the second line. looking back that was a lot better than beagle on the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad