GDT: B's @ Caps, 12:30 PM EST, Phone Booth

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I still think Oates is trying to lose. His moves are insane, and exactly what you'd do if you were trying to sabotage a team without being too obvious (like scratching Ovechkin). Here's the logic behind the top line:

Move borderline 4th line center with no playmaking ability to the top line. Move star player to wrong side of the ice and forbid him from scoring certain types of goals. Leave a terrible finesse forward who's a turnover machine on the other wing all season long.

It's completely indefensible, and makes Hunter's liberties with the roster and playing style look mild by comparison.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
B's fans upset OV didn't fight after his hit on Loui. Sums up that team and their fans in a nut shell, clean hit? Gotta fight. Disrespect? Gotta fight. Sneeze? Gotta fight.

It's ruining hockey.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Iginla has never won a Cup and is old. Mind you getting two goals today seems like he still has stuff in the tank so it may not be the end.

However, taking a wild guess that league and refs know this and may give Boston preferential treatment.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
B's fans upset OV didn't fight after his hit on Loui. Sums up that team and their fans in a nut shell, clean hit? Gotta fight. Disrespect? Gotta fight. Sneeze? Gotta fight.

It's ruining hockey.

That's just meathead talk on their part. It wasn't a penalty to begin with, and with the Caps trying to save their season and time ticking off the clock why the **** would Ovie want to spend all of it in the penalty box? Dummmmmb.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
This is the first time I've been actually pissed off because of officiating since the NYR series.

We didn't deserve to win regardless, but knowing the officiating is THAT bad in a league this big is scary.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tuuka not even playing.

Chad Johnson is now 12-0-1 is his past 13 games sporting something like a .940 save % and a 1.3 GAA. He's pretty damn good, and so is the team in front of him. (I have him and Iggy on my fantasy team so there was at least a little good that came from today).

No puck luck for us today. Could have netted one or two the first ten minutes of the third. The puck found it's way through Holtby twice. 36-33 in shots for the B's. The reffing was unbelievably inconsistent and terrible -- worst I've seen this year.

Win tomorrow night. Hopefully Grabo is back because Beagle is terribly out of place.

Vladiator16*

One of the worst refereed game i've seen in a while... Like Locker said, at some point there have to be a coaches challenge or something like that, we had a chance and that POS Peel just took it away with that **** call... Would we come back from 3 goals deficit? Who knows, but at least we had a chance... **** this ****!

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
Chad Johnson is now 12-0-1 is his past 13 games sporting something like a .940 save % and a 1.3 GAA. He's pretty damn good, and so is the team in front of him. (I have him and Iggy on my fantasy team so there was at least a little good that came from today).

No puck luck for us today. Could have netted one or two the first ten minutes of the third. The puck found it's way through Holtby twice. 36-33 in shots for the B's. The reffing was unbelievably inconsistent and terrible -- worst I've seen this year.

Win tomorrow night. Hopefully Grabo is back because Beagle is terribly out of place.

Yeah, Grabo out there and it woulda been 3-2 instead of 4-1 midway through the third, oh well....

ryan519*

Yes, about a 30% chance.

We are back to pathetic scoreboard watching for tonight. We want Carolina,Toronto and the Islanders to win tonight

toronto, really?

****, well at least we dont have to play the ****ing bruins again

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I still think Oates is trying to lose. His moves are insane, and exactly what you'd do if you were trying to sabotage a team without being too obvious (like scratching Ovechkin). Here's the logic behind the top line:

Move borderline 4th line center with no playmaking ability to the top line. Move star player to wrong side of the ice and forbid him from scoring certain types of goals. Leave a terrible finesse forward who's a turnover machine on the other wing all season long.

It's completely indefensible, and makes Hunter's liberties with the roster and playing style look mild by comparison.

-Playing the single worst player on the roster with our best player, successfully neutralizing Ovechkin
-Putting Ovechkin on RW, where he is CLEARLY inferior compared to LW.
-Thinks Fehr is a center
-Thought Erat was a center
-Took several months to realize Erskine sucks
-Took 90% of the season to figure out Carrick sucks
-Took several months to see Orlov is NHL caliber
-Has no idea how to manage goalies
-Has no idea when the empty the net
-Every single player has switched lines throughout the year except for Mr. Troy Brouwer, Chosen One.
-His system sucks ass, and makes a line of Ward and Chimera better than Ovechkin by default
-Makes zero adjustments throughout a game
-Has neutralized Mike Green
-Continues to stack one dpair while leaving the rest vulnerable, instead of spreading out the talent.
-Over-plays Carlson on the PP, making him able to play less at even strength (considering he logs huge PK time)
-His PK system sucks ass

Oates!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad