OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
yeah it tends to surprise people that I'm 34.
I either look much younger than my 34 years if I shave because of my baby face, or I look old as **** with a beard that's increasingly going grey. I've been going grey for well over 13 years now so it's been a very slow progression, at least. I figured I'd be like Leslie Nielsen by now.

There are few things I hate more than shaving. I buzz my hair short so I usually just take the guard off and go over my face at the same time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I told you, it's not long enough. And I sure as hell won't be using product.

Olive oil?

I'm flattered..... Boys. But I'm not for sale.

abd5937b4a8c34c56ef4e16ae8d9759f.jpg

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Brace yourselves - The twitdiots on twitter are on their next "cancel..." person - Jimmy Fallon for his black-face of Chris Rock, 20yrs ago.

Which mind you, I don't find offensive as it was Jimmy doing a parody of Chris and not attacking him being black or anything of that kind of hate people are trying to attach to it right now. He was parodying Chis Rock (insanely well mind you) and not doing it in a racist way. Same way as RDJ doing it in Tropic Thunder.

The latter of which, is now trending as well because...Twitidiots.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Brace yourselves - The twitdiots on twitter are on their next "cancel..." person - Jimmy Fallon for his black-face of Chris Rock, 20yrs ago.

Which mind you, I don't find offensive as it was Jimmy doing a parody of Chris and not attacking him being black or anything of that kind of hate people are trying to attach to it right now. He was parodying Chis Rock (insanely well mind you) and not doing it in a racist way. Same way as RDJ doing it in Tropic Thunder.

The latter of which, is now trending as well because...Twitidiots.

6Bl8aWD.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, don't try to explain the irony of all of this to the twitter folks, where 100% of this usually takes place, I feel like every day my gf is telling me about a new "cancel party" for someone. Yet on both sides of the fence, there are cases to be made for "white face, black face" etc, but in the art form of acting and parody, people can't understand context to save their lives.

Dave Chappelle does "white face" in his comedy sketches on his old show, imagine twitter idiots calling that out, I would love to see Dave Chappelle just destroy them.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, don't try to explain the irony of all of this to the twitter folks, where 100% of this usually takes place, I feel like every day my gf is telling me about a new "cancel party" for someone. Yet on both sides of the fence, there are cases to be made for "white face, black face" etc, but in the art form of acting and parody, people can't understand context to save their lives.

Dave Chappelle does "white face" in his comedy sketches on his old show, imagine twitter idiots calling that out, I would love to see Dave Chappelle just destroy them.

Considering most times it is in a comedy bit should simple it down for twit folks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Considering most times it is in a comedy bit should simple it down for twit folks.
I am just thinking back to this stuff in movies, man these guys are digging super deep for this stuff.

Imagine them going after Eddie Murphy portraying an old Jewish man in Coming to America. What's next? "Twitter Cancels Arsenio Hall for cross dressing in Coming to America..."

"Twitter Cancels Aykroyd for Jamaican Black Face in Trading Places"...

Lol, we are going to get to a point where a guy doing stand-up that roasts someone in the audience will get in trouble for hurting someones feelings.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Twitter is really pretty much the worst app ever. :laugh:
It really is, I recently read about some asian wrestler that was being bullied on twitter I think it was? She committed suicide over it, the sad thing being this isn't even the first incident from the trolls on twitter doing that, but the moment it's that mental health awareness month, those same wankers are all on that like it's what they really truly believe in.

You go on that platform and it's truly vile, it's where vile people feel at home in large groups.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I refuse to use it or sign up for it. It's worse than Facebook, which has pretty much broken several generations' brains, neurologically speaking. Youtube is probably almost as bad, the way it's designed to keep feeding you certain kinds of videos.

I don't even want to use Instagram because I've consulted on advertising campaigns and know way too much about how it's set up to be as addicting and also as much of an epistemological circle as possible.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I stopped using Facebook like 4-5 years ago, but never deleted my account because my mom would freak. But recently several other sites that I used Facebook to login to now are trying to make me go back and log in, but Facebook will only let me log in if I give them my cellphone number, and access to mobile data, both of which I refuse to do.

Zuckerberg can go eat a bag of floppy dicks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I refuse to use it or sign up for it. It's worse than Facebook, which has pretty much broken several generations' brains, neurologically speaking. Youtube is probably almost as bad, the way it's designed to keep feeding you certain kinds of videos.

I don't even want to use Instagram because I've consulted on advertising campaigns and know way too much about how it's set up to be as addicting and also as much of an epistemological circle as possible.
I still have instagram, but that's it. But I turn notifications off on that so I really don't check in or know what's going on with it unless my brother tells me he posted a new little clip of my niece and nephew and then I go and check. But the addiction people have, I read recently about how the mental psyche was affected by the "likes count" being gone, but in reality, the likes count was only visible to the person that posted it or when they clicked it, so it's like this constant need for affirmation to valid their lives that people struggle with.

That's kind of sad, really.

I know people my age that are just flat out addicted to checking on their facebook, snap, insta, and twitter accounts because of "notifications" being on or they subscribed to someone or something. My gf goes on her FB account and scrolls endlessly for like hours at times and I just sit there and mock her saying "scroll scroll scroll, you addicted wanker" and then walk away to her scrolling.

I hated bullies in school, but when you went home, you could leave those assholes there, now, people that truly don't want to check out of social media, can't escape them, they have a choice, but they've become so addicted to those applications that they can't turn off and in not being able to do so, they've left themselves exposed to that sort of thing.

Again, it's quite sad. I know when I have kids, I want to really discuss the open dialogue of what they see and hear and how to process it, you can't control that sort of thing, just explain it and hope they understand and do the right thing based off of it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It really is, I recently read about some asian wrestler that was being bullied on twitter I think it was? She committed suicide over it, the sad thing being this isn't even the first incident from the trolls on twitter doing that, but the moment it's that mental health awareness month, those same wankers are all on that like it's what they really truly believe in.

You go on that platform and it's truly vile, it's where vile people feel at home in large groups.

Japanese Netflix star Hana Kimura likely took her own life using toxic gas

Pretty ******* sad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, from some reality show (I googled it after and wanted to know what really happened, very very sad) where she lost it on a guy for shrinking her outfit, which I mean, we've all done at some point for something. But she was talking about how every day, she got hundreds of tweets telling her how terrible she was.

She was 22yrs old!

This is why I'm not online with any of it. Twitter. FB. All of it.

Well, that and the whole 'technologically illiterate crotchety old bastard' thing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I've recently read people using that tiktok thing to post racist or messed up political views...so when you give idiots more tools, idiots will idiot on another public platform.

That's the least of my concerns about Tik-Tok, but I digress . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad