• CHC

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Looks like he played his last game in DC. Where does he end up?

"To the fans and the city of DC, thank you!"
lcp4uheurso11.jpg

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I think the Angels shouldn't be counted out here. We want to contend with Trout and he would fill an immediate need. Also gives us insurance if Trout walks.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If the Phillies don't get either him or Machado, just cancel the season for the next year. Not only do the sorely need a bad like his, signing him would allow Hoskins to go back to 1st which upgrade their defensive tremendously.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
whoever it is they'll regret giving $30+ mill a year to a player that only has 1 100 RBI season and 2 30+ HR seasons...and has hit .240 2 of the last 3 years
whoever it is they'll regret giving $30+ mill a year to a player that only has 1 100 RBI season and 2 30+ HR seasons...and has hit .240 2 of the last 3 years
I'm sure they'll really regret having an on base machine like Harper on their team.

Reactions: Voight

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I year contract with the Yankees to pad his stats at Yankee Stadium and win a ring.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Would the Yankees even be interested since they already have Judge and Stanton?

All I know is if they sign Harper, they’d basically be the Golden State Warriors of baseball. :eyeroll:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They may regret it, but using batting average and RBI is a poor argument.
Sure, so then we can talk about how he's had a WAR above 4.3 exactly once.

Or about how 17 active players have a higher WAR since 2012.

He's a very good player, but he's the most overrated player in baseball, and I wouldn't touch his contract with a 50-foot pole.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If the Phillies don't get either him or Machado, just cancel the season for the next year. Not only do the sorely need a bad like his, signing him would allow Hoskins to go back to 1st which upgrade their defensive tremendously.
In theory, you're not wrong, but Harper isn't any better than Hoskins in the outfield.

Harper is a glorified excellent first baseman, if that makes sense.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sure, so then we can talk about how he's had a WAR above 4.3 exactly once.

Or about how 17 active players have a higher WAR since 2012.

He's a very good player, but he's the most overrated player in baseball, and I wouldn't touch his contract with a 50-foot pole.

Oh, I think he's really overrated too, and I wouldn't give him a $35M per year contract (what I think it will take) either. But like I said, using batting average and RBI is a poor argument.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
He is definitely a product of media hype, outside his one incredible year. I also think he's going to break down young with that knee of his. Just a guess I'm no doctor.

Reactions: MikeCubs

MikeCubs

May 30, 2018
I pray it's not the Cubs that get him. We don't need another bad contract to go along with Yu Darvish and Jason Heyward.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
He's 25 so unless something dramatic happens he's gonna be an impact bat for another 5 years at least. It's gonna be an expensive but is unlikely to be a 'bad' contract. Dude is almost nailed on to give you an OBP near .400 and 30+ homers if playing even close to a full season.

Harper rarely gets pitched to normally with the Nats, and the Nats have struggled to punish teams for walking him enough, which in turn put pressure on Harper to get something other than walks i.e. he swung at stuff he wouldn't normally swing at. Dude has probably the best plate discipline I've seen otherwise. I think there's a good chance that if you put him in that Yankees lineup he'd go ballistic.

Reactions: BSHH and Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad