• NYY

• CHC

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is a guy that's going to make $300 mill just from playing. He can buy his own private jet. Probably buy a fleet and get a discount.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It was reported that Boras wants a 3 year opt out. That is the hang up with Philly. The are offering the most but won't do the opt out.
This crap is the issue from the start. Harper appears to want a 10 year term, but wants to control the whole thing. Oh, and $35 mil (ish) a year. Cry me a river.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is why fans are reluctant to side with the players, Harper's wants/demands are ridiculous. You want the biggest contract, but also with an opt-out. It should go both ways, if you get an opt-out, then so should the team.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
For a guy who hit .249 last year I can't understand the hype.....yeah 34 HR's and 100 RBI but the contract #'s are insane

I'd wait a year and throw that money at TROUT …..again JMHO

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I can’t imagine being on any team with this guy finally strutting in at the end of spring training or early season like “this is my team now, got paid and I’m here to save you guys” and not instantly thinking ok great we got the biggest douchebag around.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I can’t imagine being on any team with this guy finally strutting in at the end of spring training or early season like “this is my team now, got paid and I’m here to save you guys” and not instantly thinking ok great we got the biggest *****ebag around.

giphy.gif

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I can’t imagine being on any team with this guy finally strutting in at the end of spring training or early season like “this is my team now, got paid and I’m here to save you guys” and not instantly thinking ok great we got the biggest *****ebag around.

Papelbon is retired.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Philly is offering $330 million over 10 years. More than anyone. He still wants the 3 year opt out. I'd offer a 5 year opt out like Manny got. If he doesn't want it, walk away. He never wanted to go to Philly and isn't going to get $330 over 10. He'd have to live with walking away from that much $.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Philly is offering $330 million over 10 years. More than anyone. He still wants the 3 year opt out. I'd offer a 5 year opt out like Manny got. If he doesn't want it, walk away. He never wanted to go to Philly and isn't going to get $330 over 10. He'd have to live with walking away from that much $.
I'm beginning to think that his stupid demands are really there just to delay talks so he can get highest and best from either SF or LA. I'm really thinking that he doesn't want to play in Philly. I can see him signing a 4/$150 with LA in the end.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm beginning to think that his stupid demands are really there just to delay talks so he can get highest and best from either SF or LA. I'm really thinking that he doesn't want to play in Philly. I can see him signing a 4/$150 with LA in the end.
I mean... playing in Washington and playing in Philadelphia are one in the same in my opinion... so I think you're right.

I'd much rather see him in SF than LA though. :cool:

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To Phillies fans, this is becoming a circus. Of course, many are all acting like they don't care if he doesn't come now, but his first game in Philadelphia will be more interesting at this point than his first game in Washington.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think his first game in ANY stadium at this point will be met with more than a few jeers.....this has gone on for long enough, enough of the dog and pony show just pick a team Bryce.

You're squabbling over a couple million dollars in a deal that is most likely going to net you at least a quarter of a billion at the very least.

The fact that he can't take a second to step back and realize this is astonishing.

I also agree with the comment from earlier on how his teammates are going to feel when he prances into the locker room, late, since spring training is already underway. Some of those guys won't even make half of what he does, but I bet they'll put up better seasons.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Do we know when the realistic deadline is for Harper to sign without him missing game time?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Do we know when the realistic deadline is for Harper to sign without him missing game time?

Technically he's already missing game time, since spring ball has commenced.

Regular season kicks off in three weeks, on March 20

I imagine/hope he'll have decided which lavish contract he likes best, and join his team by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad