• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Even though he is going to get a contract far more then he should IMO the Chicago White Sox should talk to him

At only age 25 he will fit in for a team rebuilding and he would be big name to draw/crowds excitement for team while they build towards contending

Of course that is never happening

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The Steinbrenner in charge is not George anymore, I would not expect an emotional reaction in New York.

The last thing the Yankees need is another power hitter. They need a top-of-the-line starter.

thankfully, as a Red Sox fan.

George was emotional and spent like a drunken sailor for any player, but he also knew what he was doing. He knew what the team needed and the holes that needed fixing, he didnt just randomly throw cash around.

If he was still around, theres no chance in hell they add Stanton while going into the season with Severino as your "ace".

bad thing for Yankee fans is Hank does randomly throw cash around without addressing the roster holes.

If George was still around, the #1 thing he'd do is give DeGrom a blank check. Hank is going to do that to Harper instead (whew)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
thankfully, as a Red Sox fan.

George was emotional and spent like a drunken sailor for any player, but he also knew what he was doing. He knew what the team needed and the holes that needed fixing, he didnt just randomly throw cash around.

If he was still around, theres no chance in hell they add Stanton while going into the season with Severino as your "ace".

bad thing for Yankee fans is Hank does randomly throw cash around without addressing the roster holes.

If George was still around, the #1 thing he'd do is give DeGrom a blank check. Hank is going to do that to Harper instead (whew)

George would give a blank check to Harper AND DeGrom than trade the young players for MORE starzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. He had lost his mind in the 00s and that's why the Yanks did not win until 2009.

Hal let Cashman rebuild the farm team and incorporate the youth into the team. The process took less time than expected and now is the time to go after pitching, not give 40M to Bryce Harper. I like Harper, he would do very well in Yankee Stadium, but the Yankees already have enough offense.

What I saw from management in the last few years makes me believe they will go for pitching. Stanton was not a bad addition, he made the lineup complete. They did not give anything of real value for him. Castro is a good player, but Torres is already better. It was a no-risk move as the Yankees can afford Stanton's salary. Given the choice between Stanton and Harper, I would take Harper though. Left-handed batter at Yankee Stadium is a reciepe for success ;)

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I don't buy the "Bryce is a bad defender" schtick. It doesn't pass the eye test and, by every defensive metric, he just had an outlier year.

Reactions: darko

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I picked the Yankees. I hope he goes there and has success very similar to last nights effort from Stanton. :laugh:

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
The Steinbrenner in charge is not George anymore, I would not expect an emotional reaction in New York.

The last thing the Yankees need is another power hitter. They need a top-of-the-line starter.

I completely agree but look at the insane Ellsbury contract, you never know what this team will do and it seems like Bryce wants to be a Yankee.

They need a big time pitcher and some contact hitting.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Harper hit .300 with a .434 OBP and .538 slugging percentage after the All-Star break. And in a "down" year he had 34 homers, 100 RBIs, .393 OBP and .889 OPS. I'd be happy to have him.
This. Would love to have him on the Braves, especially if it keeps Freddie happy. But I'm not sure we can give him top dollar to come here, and we probably will spend the money on pitching which is badly needed too.

I think he goes to the Yankees. Just a gut feeling. If not, I could see him staying in DC.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
x9N1S34.jpg

MLB Network trolling

Reactions: HFBCommenter

darko

Feb 16, 2009
White Sox would be nice. If the Indians do indeed do a sell off, they could win the AL Central next year.

White Sox? With what pitching? This is a team that trots out Shields and Giolito every 5 days. Lopez I'm high on. Rodon has been out of sorts and is walking too many. Carson Fulmer is wild. Kopech will miss the season.

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad