Bryan Murray Appreciation Thread

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The pick ottawa got from nashville should be higher then what the leafs got from boston so to say there equal is really not true.

the conditional pick toronto got from boston is much more likely to meet the conditions (kaberle signs) than the pick that ottawa got.

It's pretty equal. Fisher+Kelly+Ruutu+Elliott same value as Kaberle. :laugh:

Bryan Murray Rebuild!!:5:

Freerider

Sep 18, 2009
the conditional pick toronto got from boston is much more likely to meet the conditions (kaberle signs) than the pick that ottawa got.

Wow the great hockey minds are really coming out of the wood work lately. Does that post actually make sense to you?

Wow:facepalm:

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
It would be just awesome if Murray managed to move up into the top 4 with the Nashville pick.

Two top 4 picks would be just awesome.

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados

+ 6 million in cap space.

It's not all about the assets coming back, and you know what, I'd do that trade for Kabs every damn time.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Just like 3 Horcoff's should have the same value as 1 Crosby, right? I'm not even sure what your intent was with this post but I'll assume what everyone else is assuming.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Ruutu has little-no value
Elliott has little-no value
Fisher is an overpaid 3rd line center
Kelly is a 3rd line centerman

I'd say they have around the same value. I'm not sure why you think Murray is doing a bad job. He's done an excellent job so far and his most recent deal (Anderson for Elliott) has been his best.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Im still wondering what were exactly appreciating? If its rebuilding the prospects/farm, make this thread 3-4 years from now.

edit: Im also for a rebuild and a change in culture, still not sure whats to be appreciated though.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wow the great hockey minds are really coming out of the wood work lately. Does that post actually make sense to you?

Wow:facepalm:

Yes it does to him...

Don't bother his posts, as well as Tuna, John Holmes, Sensfactor and Happydude. Those guys are trolls or have no clue.

Not because I don't share the same views. I have no problem with guys like Enviro61, KrazyEyes or even Suiteness now, and we don't share the same views/opinions at all.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/07/us-nhl-senators-kovalev-idUSTRE5660JJ20090707

Murray said team owner Eugene Melnyk "was adamant that if we could get (Kovalev), go do it."

Maybe Melnyk was convinced after Murray told him what a dangerous player he was and how entertaining.

After all ,Murray is Melnyk's hockey guru.

All I know is when I coached or watched our team play in the last couple of years against Montreal, every time he came on the ice, I was scared to death he was going to be the difference in the game," Senators General Manager Bryan Murray told reporters.

"Some nights, he certainly was."
Murray said team owner Eugene Melnyk "was adamant that if we could get (Kovalev), go do it."

In 16 NHL seasons, Kovalev has scored 394 goals and compiled 941 points.

"I think he's one of the most entertaining players in the league," Murray added.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yes it does to him...

Don't bother his posts, as well as Tuna, John Holmes, Sensfactor and Happydude. Those guys are trolls or have no clue.

Not because I don't share the same views. I have no problem with guys like Enviro61, KrazyEyes or even Suiteness now, and we don't share the same views/opinions at all.

Are my posts that bad? I was just saying that burke blew people's socks off with both deals he made (versteeg for a 1st and 3rd, and Kaberle for a 1st, 1st round prospect and a 2nd). Meanwhile Murray is making friends with other GMs.

I value the players we have(had). I'm sorry if i offended you. I will not post anymore.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yes they are bad. Some are fine but overall, how can I take you seriously since your Cheechoo madness last year?

And no, you didn't offend me, you weren't even talking to me. Are you on drugs?

If you think Kaberle is somehwat close to players like Ruutu, Elliott and Kelly, I don't know what to say. Fisher had a bit of value but comon...

Although, I would agree that Burke did very good on this trade and Chiarelli felt generous... Maybe it was a bit of a payback from the Kessel trade.

The Bruins better re-sign Kaberle because they paid an hefty price to get him

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Are my posts that bad? I was just saying that burke blew people's socks off with both deals he made (versteeg for a 1st and 3rd, and Kaberle for a 1st, 1st round prospect and a 2nd). Meanwhile Murray is making friends with other GMs.

I value the players we have(had). I'm sorry if i offended you. I will not post anymore.

I wouldnt worry about it if I were you.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/07/us-nhl-senators-kovalev-idUSTRE5660JJ20090707

That says nothing about Melnyk directing Murray to go after Kovalev. At the time of the signing, Melnyk was asked that very question, whether he's the one who instructed Murray to go after Kovalev, and he reiterated just as he always has in the past that while he regularly consults with Murray (and vice-versa), he does give his opinion, but he hires people to do their job and gives them full autonomy to do that job and that he's just there for "cocktails and handshakes".

Freerider

Sep 18, 2009

Last edited:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Does BM speak french? His bio says he was born in Shawville but I've never heard him speak anything other than engrish. According to the Shawville wiki a majority of the occupants speak engrish so I could understand, but just wondered.

Karlsson2Turris*

Reading the first page of this thread, you can tell how shortsighted some fans can be and how BM was always looking to the future.

A lot of complaining over the Kelly trade, while in hindsight it was brilliant.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I could see if he made some moves or deals to help the team this year but he hasn't done a lot, other GM's made great strides this year with big moves. I feel bad he is sick but that does not mean he is the best GM this year

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I like Murray and wish him well at this time but yeah he doesn't deserve the GM of the year this year.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I could see if he made some moves or deals to help the team this year but he hasn't done a lot, other GM's made great strides this year with big moves. I feel bad he is sick but that does not mean he is the best GM this year

Yeah, I like Murray and wish him well at this time but yeah he doesn't deserve the GM of the year this year.

Stone, Hoffman, Pageau and Hammond were all players Murray brought in through the draft that exploded onto the scene this year and helped the playoff push in an enormous way. GM of the Year isn't a "what trades did you make this year" award — it's a "who's setting their team up best for future success" award.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Sometimes the best deal is the one you didn't make...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad